Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

Welcome Back - 2015

Hey Howdy Hey 

How has the server performance been at AVSIM for posting?  I always have to login to see the forums.  I believe in the rules the forums need to be in an open and public place.  

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Travis,

They forums seem alright although I believe they are still down ~4:00 AM cst daily. (10:00Z) Make sure you have cookies allowed for the domain "AVSIM.net" that should help the login problem.    

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I think the forum is stable enough to use this year, i personally haven't experienced any issues with it.  Does it indeed go down at 4am CST?

Thanks

spacer.png

I can confirm that there is still the hour-long outage, both AVSIM website and forums, from 0900-1000 UTC.

My 2cents

AVSIM is and will remain our team affiliation.  We will use the AVSIM forums for recruitment, practice, and other stuff but we don't absolutely have to use it for baton tracking during in the race.  We can make the final decision when the race date approaches.  There was no problem last year using the RTWR forums for leg posts.  The other teams were fine with it.  We can post pireps, screenshots and stuff on the AVSIM forum and use the RTWR forum for baton pickup and drops. 

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

You are correct Jeff, if the forum didn't actually go down for an hour every morning it wouldn't be a problem. Do we know why it is doing it? Has their been an official reason given? Or is it just that AVSIM is soo busy they do daily maintenance at that time?

spacer.png