Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

MSE v2 Germany...hmmhhh

They should not have released anything as bad as that. If they couldn't get the data to do it right the first time, then they should not have released it IMHO. Thanks for the mini-review as I was seriously thinking of purchasing. I was hoping to get the areas in Bavaria and south down through the Brenner Pass to Italy as I use to drive that route to/from Italy frequently back in the late 70's.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

People don't understand photoscenery apparently.  I mapped out Switzerland in 60 cm and it was over 200 GB total size.  But looked gorgeous.  I blew away MSE2.  You simply aren't going to get very good quality with 30 mb downloads.

It does seem they are using free satellite imagery from those photos.

Scroll down for the links to my Swiss project.  Now if MSE2 would take the time to make scenery like I did here, they'd have a blank check from me...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426287-now-this-is-switzerland/

I think the issue at hand here is not the size of the product, as MSE has used 50cm source data, resampled for size reasons to 1m per pixle. So the total size of the Germany download comes to some 80GB, not as you said 30MB. If they had used the original size data, I guess that we would need at least 1.0 TB for this install, which would make it impractical for many of us.

The issue is more the lack of proper water masking and the partly horrible color discrepancies. I think, Jim described it best,when he said: If they couldn't get the data to do it right the first time, then they should not have released it IMHO

Btw, your Swiss scenery is terrific and I mean that. If you ever decide to share it with your fellow flightsimmers or want to make it commercially available, please let me know. I would really love to fly there, as it beats anything that I have for Switzerland

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I really want to know what source data is used for Aerofly FS Swiss, it is simply the best to date. No color/resolution variation, sharp textures, good hue and colors.

BTW this is my 1000 post, yeah! B)

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I wish I had seen this before I purchased Germany.  I have same issues as well as a large chunk of Northern Germany that is missing, no tiles!

Yeah, same here but they say it must be me? I have downloaded it several times but still missing a large strip across the middle. Is this the same as yours?

I have complained to MSE asking why they released it with tbh such poor quality water masks and colour.

but the dd not answer my questions.

Not veryhappy with them at the moment after buying 50+ of their products.

I have not flown all of Germany yet, just Munich to Lake Konstanz, Black Forest, along the Rhine river up north to Mannheim, then around Münster in Westfalia, then north of Hamburg and in the East from Leipzig to Berlin. At least on these flights I have not seen any missing tiles. 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Absolute dross, and I have spent a small fortune on scenery, but thankfully nothing from this company.

Keith Sandford.