Sign in to follow this  
calooom

BEWARE! QualityWings 787 Open Beta HOAX

Just wanted to point out there's a ANOTHER scam appearing that says you are able to download and test an Open Beta of the Quality Wings 787.

http://qualitywing.com/787-open-beta/

DO NOT OPEN THIS LINK AND GET EXCITED! IT IS A SCAM.

Can Avsim please make it clear on their forum announcement section upfront and please can this be shared amongst yourselves.

Edited by firehawk44
Edited title to remove Scam and changed to Hoax

This is a false survey. Do not download it..

Edited by firehawk44
Removed all caps in comments - (Shouting - Forum Etiquette)

Is there anything we can do to stop this. Quality Wings is a great developer and I would hate to see their reputation tarnished.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

This is beginning to get ridiculous. That's 3 scams on the trot now. Surely in this day and age, there must be a way to stop these low-lifes perpetrating such outright frauds.

Thanks, OP, for this alert.

First it was a constant stream of scams on my telephone.  Now they are using our interest if flight simulation.  Does it ever end?

Jim

So I see we've reached the coveted level of scam-site replicas- how charming.

Thanks for the heads up chaps, we are aware and the men in suits have been notified.

Jordi Blumberg

So I see we've reached the coveted level of scam-site replicas- how charming.

Thanks for the heads up chaps, we are aware and the men in suits have been notified.

Good thing, the earliest people are notified the easier the issue is to solve I presume.

Note the URL of the scam - there is no qualitywing.com associated with QualityWings Simulations...

DJ

Whats the sudden outburst of all these scams???, makes you wonder all of a sudden, some actally are "beleivable" praying on the "faults" of FSX e.g fixing OOM's etc etc.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Whats the sudden outburst of all these scams???

It's more than likely the same person/organization/group behind them all.   Data mining at its finest. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Probably the DECRYPTEDZ guy trying to change the name AVSIM to SCAMSIM :lol:

Good luck with that buddy!

Chris Sunseri

So what actually happens if its downloaded?

ZORAN

Probably the DECRYPTEDZ guy trying to change the name AVSIM to SCAMSIM :lol:

Good luck with that buddy!

Not to be confused with SCANSIM, who I'm told make a great EKCH addon for FSX  B)

It would be interesting to know how many people this scam has gotten. The site looks remarkably similar to the QW website, so I wouldn't be surprised if even some well-informed, dedicated simmers got tricked.

This is a real shame. Qualitywings puts out decent products. They dont need this scam on their customers. I hope they are able to shut it down right away. Legal action is what would take them down, but these 3PDs dont have that kind of money to hire a legal team and take that on. Would just eat up too much resources. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Note the URL of the scam - there is no qualitywing.com associated with QualityWings Simulations...

DJ

I would bet if you do a check of the IP address in the CMD prompt it will be the same as

Airglobal.com, and the other idiot site trying to sell an "Autoland" system.  Indeed BOGUS!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: