Sign in to follow this  
calooom

BEWARE! QualityWings 787 Open Beta HOAX

So what actually happens if its downloaded?

Nothing. This isn't real file. When you send a SMS, you've get saved to subscription, which cost something like 3$ per one day.

So what actually happens if its downloaded?

I would guess a virus of some sort, thats only IF the scammer is smart enough to create one. I would advise you NOT to try and find out! 

We (I) are investigating. I see they have a nice video on You Tube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C2yBzmdOWM. Pretty elaborate hoax which is really what this is as you are not being asked to purchase the product (yet). I am concerned that the download link might actually be used to download malware or a virus to one's system though. Thanks to the OP for reporting.

There IS a legitimate QW 787 being developed (but not in beta) - http://www.qualitywingssim.com/787.html. So the site you provided is actually a phishing website. The video link I provided above appears to be legitimate.

Best regards,

Edited by firehawk44

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Guess if someone is good at hacking they could um hack the scammers site and bring it down.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Guess if someone is good at hacking they could um hack the scammers site and bring it down.

That would be illegal in itself. Yes there are those that do it, but its totally against the law to do so. Unfortunately the scammers are so determined to get someone that they will go to all lengths to try and do so. That means, if their "website" is taken down, they will go to another provider and put that exact same website up with another provider. Its a never ending game, the only time it ends is when the scammer sees no future in their scam and moves onto another platform to scam. 

There are moments like this where I wish the internet wasn't as free as it is, but then, if the internet was policed as heavily as the DPRK's border, it wouldn't be so much of a great experience. Atleast the hackers and scammers would be a rarity! 

Surely people wouldn't fall for this,  since  you have to apply first to be in the beta testing  stage  and you will be  notified by email   if your Successful thtas  the way o look at it  and I doubt  any one  in here at avsim  would fall for it :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Can someone not do an IP Trace and ban the users from the servers. We ban by IP on the gaming server I used to run, and you may out of 100 catch someone by mistake. Then they can plead there case and be allowed back in. Just a thought.

Surely people wouldn't fall for this,  since  you have to apply first to be in the beta testing  stage  and you will be  notified by email   if your Successful thtas  the way o look at it  and I doubt  any one  in here at avsim  would fall for it :P

Alas the one born every minute adage is still very much applicable. Here on Avsim we have an intelligent and dedicated group of enthusiasts who help sort out scams like this but with flight sim become ever more popular, particularly with the younger generations, there will be any number of people that won't realise this is a scam. That's why these evil little schemes continue to exist

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Jim

That video link is marked as Private now. I wonder if he/they have cottoned on?

That video link is marked as Private now. I wonder if he/they have cottoned on?

Yes, the web site is shut down too. It appears to have been hosted in Poland, but is now gone.

Yes, the web site is shut down too. It appears to have been hosted in Poland, but is now gone.

Well with our fast response time it would probably scare them a bit. And the QW threat of legal action probably caused a bit of fear too.

it seems to me that it could be someone right among the flight sim community, it doesn't seem like something that would be thought up overnight, it's probably the same people that have done it to the other developers, thats just my thoughts.sadly the flight simming community is fragile,great airliner developers with only a handful of good ones, quality wings being one of them, these guys build software for us on the side from there full time jobs, i buy there product everytime one is released even if i don't fly it much,they deserve our support and i hope it catches up to whoever is doing this.