Sign in to follow this  
soppie

Eureka! I found the cure for my periodic stutterfest problem (but not the cause)

I am expecting that LM will solve, because many people have this problem. I hope that will be fit it in v2.4.

JL

Impossible without a full screen exclusive mode and LM wrote in his forum that he will not.

There are only two solutions:

- Set P3D and weather engines so you always have the FPS equal to the refresh rate of the monitor.

- Find a monitor at 30hz

I would like to show that problem already informed to LM.

- http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=8239

- http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=8442

- http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=8412

:huh:

Impossible without a full screen exclusive mode and LM wrote in his forum that he will not.
There are only two solutions:

- Set P3D and weather engines so you always have the FPS equal to the refresh rate of the monitor.
- Find a monitor at 30hz

Sorry! Pincopanco,

But I didn't understand!!!

:(  :(  :(

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

JLuis,

the full screen of P3D 2.x is a false full screen, it is a windowed mode without the top bar.

So, or you have the settings to always have 60 FPS (60hz monitor) or you find a monitor at 30hz with 30 FPS.

At last,

Others are seeing the stutters I have been going on about in P3d dispute being told it is my System or I need to reduce this or that! by some....

Ball is in LM court......

On my pc I use Game Booster.

It shuts down processes I don't need.

So no updating in the backgrounf when running P3D.

AlacrityPC does the same kind of thing - I use both to be on the safe side!   ^_^

AlacrityPC does the same kind of thing - I use both to be on the safe side!   ^_^

Well I'm old skool just a simple bat file will do it :-)

André

After many fights with my notebook I found what was the cause for my periodic stutterfest problem. My Cpu was having overheating when the temperature reach 96 C the system reduce the frequency for half causing stutter.

I changed my power settings for reduce 12% of my frequency cpu and now i have maximum 76 C and no more  periodic stutters.

ok! My problem was solve. :P

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

After many fights with my notebook I found what was the cause for my periodic stutterfest problem. My Cpu was having overheating when the temperature reach 96 C the system reduce the frequency for half causing stutter.

I changed my power settings for reduce 12% of my frequency cpu and now i have maximum 76 C and no more  periodic stutters.

ok! My problem was solve. :P

Personally I find 76C rather still hot ;-) my I7-4770K at 4.3Ghz is around 55c full load on air :wink:

André

Personally I find 76C rather still hot ;-) my I7-4770K at 4.3Ghz is around 55c full load on air :wink:

I agree, but you know keep notebook cold is complicate!!! B)

With my i7-4790k at 4.4ghz is around 55/60 C with Corsair H100i.

José Luís

I agree, but you know keep notebook cold is complicate!!! B)

With my i7-4790k at 4.4ghz is around 55/60 C with Corsair H100i.

Do you use a cooler-mat?  One way to experiment with this...is to fill the old rubber bladder bags with ice...and have that on your lap..and the bottom of the notebook upon the top of the ice-filled bladder.  Then...open up the freq setting of your CPU once more...and see if there is a difference. If so...you might be able to construct your own custom cooler-plate/mat...and enjoy the end of heat, and its performance robbing ways....  Just a thought.  BTW,  for my notebook, I built one out of an old and small in-window air conditioner. I extended the cooler matrix (condenser) (copper tubes and aluminum fins) out from the front interior of the unit, and placed it in a horizontal, wooden frame, that had small feet, and between the feet, ran a computer case fan to force airflow up and out of the wooden case. I then placed a 1/4 inch thick wood frame on top of that...which the bottom of the notebook rested on. That allowed air to flow free between the condenser, and the bottom of the notebook. It worked like a charm!  I no longer have a notebook..but, I can tell you, this home solution...did in fact drop drastically the internal temperature of the motherboard, chips upon it, .and I can't even remember the fan coming on in my IBM'er...with this rig in play.  You can pick up a 5,000 to 8,000 BTU in-window, for a song.....