Sign in to follow this  
levada

THis guy is seriously funny...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117404

I quote Jack P:

"Flight Simulator X bursting up to 225 Frames Per Second at maximum settings and I didn't even overclock. I haven't seen the FPS drop below 80. I was watching the Task Manager and there is activity on all 16 of the CPU Usage History on the Performance tab. This game has always been a stuttering annoyance, but I am quite pleased."

Where did he fly? Antartica? :rolleyes:

That is quite plausible with vanilla FSX in DX9 mode. I've tested my i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz in FSX with Acceleration, no addons, only vanilla with max settings (without traffic), and FPS was above 200fps mid flight @ 3000ft, and above cities around 90fps, so it's pretty plausible.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Totally plausible. If I had 8 cores I'd be touting other numbers, but hey if he's happy with what he got and what he's using it for, more power to him.

Sounds impossible to me.

Stan

Not at all. I get 1 FPM and it is totally smooth except when changing frames. :crazy:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

With my i7 4770K w/GTX780, I was able to run FSX default scenery at close to 200 fps. I installed GEX (replaces default textures with optimized textures) and got fps up to 300 fps. I did not mess with the sliders in fsx or in the display driver settings. Then I started adding commercial scenery and aircraft. So I do believe the OP and agree with BeechPapa above that it is totally plausible.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Not at all. I get 1 FPM and it is totally smooth except when changing frames.

Whahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHA!Pi**ed my pants! LOL

Whahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHA!Pi**ed my pants! LOL

Any comedian would pay you to be in his audience! :lol:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Any comedian would pay you to be in his audience!

Maybe if you weren't so mean spirited you might have seen the humour?

Oh, I just read your sig. I take it back!

Any comedian would pay you to be in his audience! :lol:

Gotta love the greybeard humor...Keep it up Ron. Youngsters like myself appreciate the wisdom that comes with years :BigGrin: .

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion