Sign in to follow this  
CrazyNorman

Enhanced Oculus Rift Support - DCOCv2

I have same problem with screen saver when flying even without DK2. I guess the easy solution is just to disable screen saver?

I also have the similar problem with missing or random ground textures which only happens in DK2. Don't know if it's due to DCOC or sth strange in P3D. I verified that I don't have such problem flying on monitor.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I have same problem with screen saver when flying even without DK2. I guess the easy solution is just to disable screen saver?

I also have the similar problem with missing or random ground textures which only happens in DK2. Don't know if it's due to DCOC or sth strange in P3D. I verified that I don't have such problem flying on monitor.

Could you send me a screenshot of the missing ground textures?  I'd like to replicate and *hopefully* fix.

Sorry I didn't take the screenshot.

I think my problem is what has been discussed at Orbx forum as "texture morphing", which is caused by incorrect order of OpenLC in the scenery library. It's a bit strange that I only saw it when using DK2, but let me fix the OpenLC first...

Thanks for the plugin. Do you think they upgraded something with v2.4? 

Hi all!  I've released V2.03 at http://www.dcoc-vr.com

I've added the ability to scale your cockpit (called world scale) for those airplanes that don't feel the right size, and I've added Direct Mode support!

It should work with Prepar3D v2.2 and later, including v2.4.  Enjoy  B)

wow, sounds so exciting. Thank you Norman! Does this version use the new Oculus support features in v2.4?

wow, sounds so exciting. Thank you Norman! Does this version use the new Oculus support features in v2.4?

So far as I can tell, v2.4 doesn't really have any new Oculus features.  Instead they updated their sample plugin to work with the new Oculus SDK and DK2, but everything their new plugin does DCOC already does.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet though, I just skimmed the source code.

Norman, this looks like great work.  But is there a possibility I can get it to run on Google Cardboard?  

Norman, this looks like great work.  But is there a possibility I can get it to run on Google Cardboard?  

Prepar3D needs a high end PC running Windows even without DCOC, so that kind of precludes this from ever working on Google cardboard.  That said, maybe the YouTube videos will be nicely watchable?

Does DCOC have output only to OR?  Or can it, does it output to monitor as well?  It is possible to use cardboard, via programs like SplashTop, to view a PC display.  I would try DCOC in this way, but I need to know a way to get around the "not connected" problem.  

I think if there is any benefit to running your project in this way it would allow the financially squeamish to try what you have done before taking the plunge into buying an OR.  I'm running a 3770k at 4.6oc, evga gtx 780 sc oc'ed, 32GB 2400ghz RAM.   Not the fastest now, but it'll carry more load than most.  

The only thing I ask is if there is a way to turn off the connection check; if there is a way to display DCOC on a 1080 monitor, then stream to a 1080 android device (Galaxy Note 3, same screen as DK2).   I believe I've also found a way to connect to the gryo for head tracking.  Or even PC native using Freetrack or FaceTrackNoIR.  

I just tried it in direct mode and it feels really smooth. However, how do I access the control on IPD/world scale? I couldn't find this option on any menus...

Never mind I found the option. It made an amazing difference when I set the scale to 115% - everything now feels perfectly life sized. The increase of immersion I simply can't put in words.

A night flight feels almost 100% real, the moon, the land, clouds, lights everything are simply *real*. The lighting is perfect, can't believe LM did such a fantastic job. Of course it really helps that the night scene masks well the low resolution deficiency of DK2.

High fps is still the main struggle. Also some VCs were not designed to withstand the scrutiny in VR. Often when I look down many VCs seems to have the seat bolted right on the floor. Too low.

Once the high resolution CV1 comes out and Oculus and P3D get SLI support by then we'll be in absolute heaven.

Thank you, Norman! Wonderful job.

I only have one major problem with DCOC that is missing or morphing texture tiles. See attached screenshot of missing textures. In the red circle are supposed to be mountains but they completely disappeared in light blue. Also often after flying a few minutes and when close to the ground I see some ground texture tiles were replaced by some random titles and keep flashing through them.

Initially I thought this is texture morphing problem discussed at Orbx forum and I followed their instructions to correctly order the layers of Vector etc. Plus, I never had this problem while flying P3D on monitor. So I now believe this is specifically related to DCOC. Could it be that my P3D settings in DK2 is bit too high, although much reduced compared to monitor?

gGxRS3l.jpg?1

I only have one major problem with DCOC that is missing or morphing texture tiles. See attached screenshot of missing textures. In the red circle are supposed to be mountains but they completely disappeared in light blue. Also often after flying a few minutes and when close to the ground I see some ground texture tiles were replaced by some random titles and keep flashing through them.

Initially I thought this is texture morphing problem discussed at Orbx forum and I followed their instructions to correctly order the layers of Vector etc. Plus, I never had this problem while flying P3D on monitor. So I now believe this is specifically related to DCOC. Could it be that my P3D settings in DK2 is bit too high, although much reduced compared to monitor?

That looks like a nasty issue.  Can you confirm with me whether this issue happens only with Orbx.  I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time trying to reproduce without owning Orbx.

I have FTX Global + Vector + OpenLC EU, plus FS Global Ultimate Terrain. I'll see how I can test whether this problem is Orbx-related. I highly suspect it is.