Sign in to follow this  
kingm56

Disabling copilot during checklist phase

FS++

First, OUTSTANDING PRODUCT.  I'm continually mystified why some people choose to pay $40 for each iteration of the same product versus paying $60 to cover your entire fleet.  On to my question...is there a way I can disable the copilot interaction during the checklist phase.  Specifically, I want him/her to check for the setting, but I don't want him/her to set it.  For example, if the copilot says "Taxi lights" I want him/her to check for the setting vice setting it to the desired state.  In short, I just want him/her to check the setting and wait until its set to the correct state versus setting it him/herself.  

Matt King

Hi,

I know someone will be along to answer this, but I will say from my own personal experience.......

Agree 100% with your statement.  B) MCE is also a superior product, its got a professional programmer and great personal support. You can tell its not just a fancy bolt on posh voice pack!

On Checklists....

Usually the checklist follows after the flow. Or after you have executed the flow/procedure, e.g. before engine start up, (doors closed actioned in the flow), you would have closed the doors during the pre start flow. If they are open and you're running the checklist, you would see them open say "open", FO would then correct you and correct the problem, i.e close the doors. If you see they are open, during the checklist, then you would close them and state, "they are closed", FO would then concur.

I don't think you can prevent FO from setting the action to the checklist stated item position. Its in his/her "nature" to do it! B) If the item is set incorrectly, FO assumes that you have made a mistake and wants to correct it for you! :rolleyes:

Best Regards

David

That's what I presumed,David.  However, concerning the QW757, the copilot is "flicking" switches without regard to its current state.  For example, if the  copilot calls landing lights (during the checklist), the copilot will "flick" the switch to turn the lights off (if they're already on or on if they are off).  In short, he will flick the switch regardless of the checklist response (i.e. on/off).    

Matt King

That's what I presumed,David.  However, concerning the QW757, the copilot is "flicking" switches without regard to its current state.  For example, if the  copilot calls landing lights (during the checklist), the copilot will "flick" the switch to turn the lights off (if they're already on or on if they are off).  In short, he will flick the switch regardless of the checklist response (i.e. on/off).

Aha. Although I don't have the QW757, It sounds perhaps like the switch "state" is not being read by MCE.

QW757 is a supported aircraft, so it should all work, as per other supported aircraft.

Perhaps a reinstall of the latest MCE and run the application wizard etc.

I would pop a e-mail to support and see if Ben can help.

Regards

David