Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagletail

Flight1's newly released Flight Environment

Hello LawrieI just put 1 sec delay between each applicationEnjoy FE !(beautiful dawns and dusks...)David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I use AS4.5 and no strange things are happening here, no drop in fps either, infact fps seems to be better with FE, but i could be imagining things here.OHN

hello Richard,I can only speak about my config and my short experience.1) no problem at all with AS2004.5 after about 10 hours flying with various combinations2) no change in fps compared with the original sets of textures. (there is no miracle here : clouds + heavy panel + detailed scenery = low fps, no matter what kind of PC you have :-)but I can really say that FE has no impact on my machine)Hope it helpsDavid

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest spookymufu

WebMaximus,all computer systems runn differently even if the computers are the same brand and model.Try FE2004, give it a good few days of work, try all the features and if you dont like it, you get a refund.I will say that if you use a DXT3 format cloud and then use FE2004 32bit clouds, you will see a fps hit. But, if you use the default clouds and then use FE2004s 32bit clouds you shouldnt get a fps hit. I have tested it with AS and I didnt notice any fps hit due to FE2004, however, there are some options in AS that will increase the fps if there is an issue, limit the cloud layers to 4 and set distance visibility to a max of 40 miles. Now if I could figure out how to make AS render the clouds as they were meant to be seen and not strech them out of shape and detail I'd be thrilled.

OHN and David, thanks for your replies - that's great news!And what do you think, was it a good improvement worth the money - is it much better than using AS2004.5 without FE2004?

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for the info about the FPS. And about optimal settings in AS, please let us know what you find out works best together with FE2004.

Richard Åsberg

Guest kuma

I just got it yesterday, and immediately took off for a flight around Hawaii. I can say I am very impressed, with some additional Hawaii scenery it looks fantastic and much better than any freeware textures I've seen, which to me always looked either too bright or too dark and gray. I did notice a slight FPS drop, however. Oh, and I use it with Activesky and haven't noticed any drawbacks from that.

Guest Darren Howie

Great product.Having been a keen skyworld user i am pretty impressed by some of the new looks i am seeing while flying around.Probably my only point is the darkest night sky is nowhere near dark enough to represent a dark night.I will still use fsnight to get that dark night look that is so like the real thing.Overall very impressed with its look,ease of use and the excellent clouds.A definite improvement.The water is simply great!!Now if we could just get a black night i'd be totally happy.CheersDarren

I wasn't going to purchase FS Environment because I was happy with FS Skyworld + FS Water + Activesky that I had set to perfection already.I bit the bullet, especially with the FS Water discount and I must say that I am VERY pleased with the results.To be honest, the clouds are really no better or worse than that of FS Skyworld both are equally spectacular. However, the FS Environment interface has a more "polished" look and feel to the interface and with the addition of FS Water enhancement (which finally gives green rivers and streams in the US the way it is supposed to be), I say its a keeper.I flew about 16 hours with FS Environment + Activesky in the LDS 767 with not even a hiccup. But...The default cloud textures are processor intensive so I HIGHLY recommend the "reduced textures or DXT textured clouds". The difference in overcast skies is about 10 fps!Regards,Mike T.

Guest United

I agree with Mike T. I wasn't going to purchase this product having been quite pleased with FSSkyworld, ActiveSky and FSWater as well. But....I'm a sucker for Flight1 products and spurred on by a nice little E-Coupon via FSWater, I took the plunge....... I'm amazed... I thought I had "hit the wall" in terms of weather atmospherics and ambiance and I had truly not!! Personally, I think the clouds are a bit more realistic and certainly the formations nearest the ground are much improved. I think I'm still using 32-bit clouds, may try the DTX but I don't know, I sure like what I got now even though I'm probably losing some FPS. Way to go Flight1 !!! Impressive!!Randy Jura, KPDXPentium IV, "Extreme" Intel Mobo1 GHZ and a PCI Express NVidia Card

Looks the same as any other FS shot... :-roll Maybe someone can post some before and after shots.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

So now the question is, how will f1 environment interact with the new active sky 5??? Time will tell I guess. I would love to just be able to buy fs water and get the updated water effects without buying the whole environmental upgrade, is this possible? Thanks

I love Flight One products generally, but the promotional screen shots, the 'fan' screen shots and now this one remind me about the story of the Emperor's new clothes.I can only assume that the screen shots 'lose something in translation' once away from MSFS and 3-D mode.Michael

Maybe this wasn't the best shot to do FE2004 justice. Before I bought FE I was far from sure whether I should go for it but like I said...I'm glad I did. Personally I think the whole environment has "come to life" in a way I haven't experienced before in FS. But then again, of course the opinions will be different depending who you ask and what you're used to in FS.Anyways, I'm a happy owner of FE2004.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg