Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagletail

Flight1's newly released Flight Environment

Frankly, screenshots of clouds look about the same to me regardless. It's how they look in the game and when you are flying through them that matters. I am brand new to FE, only had it for about a day and only flew for about an hour. Have to say that when all taken together--sky, water, clouds--it has made FS2004 more realistic and more interesting and thus more enjoyable. I don't want to sound too dramatic, but I lost a little of my anticipation for FS10 with this addon.Randall

>to just be able to buy fs water and get the updated water>effects without buying the whole environmental upgrade, is>this possible? ThanksI would not be buying FE just for upgraded water effects. The original FS Water is very good and personally I don't see any significant improvemnt with water in FE - if there is one it is very subtle and barely noticable.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest Paul Heaney

Looks like a program worth checking out, can more of you post screenshots of it, in the screenshot forum?

Guest jennifer

Those screenshots look superb but I've already seen shots like these using Activesky with Chris Willis FSW. I would get it if I thought that there was an improvemnt over the AS+FSW combination. As for anticipating FS10...I hope it doesn't come for another year or more. With all the fantastic addons now available I think we already have FS10. My personal FS10 is FS9+Activesky+Active Camera+FSW+fsHOTsfx+FSNav+Lennart's textures.

Guest spookymufu

A keen eye, or even a casual eye will see the differance in the quality. FE2004 has much more realistic textures and adds detail never seen before.

I'm thinking about FE2004... But water is most important for me because I will buy new ASV5 anyway. So buying FE for a few weeks doesn't make sense. I decided to buy FE2004 because of water (I have fswater) but Michal said in this thread that water doesn't look much different. So can you tell me if it's worth to buy it just for the water?Thanks

It's the best water options I have seen in FS9. I've tried all kinds of freeware and combinations of freeware. Some I liked more than others. These finally make it look like water--not perfect mind you, but better than I've seen. HOWEVER, I've never used FSWater so I can't compare the two.Randall

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) can you tell me if it's worth to buy it just for the water? (...)"I don't think so. Nor is it worth buying for the sky, the clouds, or whatever. Lots of hype, barely (if at all) noticeable differences. I've been using the randomizer till my clicking finger got sore, in order to have the occasional pleasant surprise. Which, honestly, I didn't. I am profoundly unimpressed.Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest foxone

Hi Lot737,I can tell you that, after months of testing the product, that the water looks absolutely stunning with a 3d effect,created by the illusion of the use of very enhanced textures.The front-end even lets's you choose what kind of reflectivity / waves or base color (for example textures with white crests) you prefer.Hope you will like the product,sincerely,Anthony Voshttp://members.home.nl/vos69/logofe.jpgp.s. here is a screenshot of the sub-menus of the front-endhttp://members.home.nl/vos69/ui.jpg

I agree that the water looks good but in my opinion it would have looked even better with a little bit more "life" into it. As it is now, it feels more like a nice painting rather than real moving water.

Richard Åsberg

Guest Eagletail

>Hi Lot737,>>I can tell you that, after months of testing the product, that>the water looks absolutely stunning with a 3d effect,created>by the illusion of the use of very enhanced textures.>The front-end even lets's you choose what kind of reflectivity>/ waves or base color (for example textures with white crests)>you prefer.>>Hope you will like the product,>>sincerely,>>Anthony Vos>>>http://members.home.nl/vos69/logofe.jpg>>p.s. here is a screenshot of the sub-menus of the front-end>>http://members.home.nl/vos69/ui.jpgHi Anthony, Is it possible to get such beautiful water textures with a NVIDIA GeForce4 screencard? Thanks!

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings all!Since I make it a principle to be at least as straightforward in my praise as I am in my criticism, I am pleased to tell you that I received a very friendly email from the developer, among other subjects offering to refund my money. Such an almost immediate reaction from a developer shows that he truly cares for his customers, which I consider highly laudable, and hence worthy of mentioning here. I have emailed back that I do not want a refund, because I consider it much more important to help keep good developers in business. Even if I am not (yet) much impressed with Flight Environment, I sure am impressed with the positive attitude of its developer!Anyway, I'll keep experimenting with my various settings of computer and FE. Hopefully I'll eventually hit the "sweet spot" that is exactly right for me, my rig, and my tired old eyes (grin)!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

That was i nice post Jaap and I think we shouldn't forget to praise the developers from time to time that help us enjoy and expand our hobby even more.

Richard Åsberg