Sign in to follow this  
zbtonse

Blue fog in P3DV2.3

Hi

I was little bit confused why the fog in my new installation V2.3  is blue.  In V2 it was white.

Does anybody have the same?

Cheers 

Zeli

LUKLA

Do you also feel its blue? it looks not so blue as mine . Is there some setting in *.cfg to make it less blue?  I use HDR as well, and REX4 Direct for clouds and sky color.  

(P.S.  how to attach picture on the topic? I tried everything)

Upload your photo to Photobucket.
Get (copy) a Shared Link (IMG) of your photo and post the link here.

Your DropBox link can be posted here also.

P3Dv23-fog_zpsc331983d.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I'm seeing this also.

I use REX4 for clouds & ASD for weather & have seen this twice recently, & it covered the whole area as though a low visibility issue more so than fog. Only lasted for a minute or so then cleared.

Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Both the shots (LUKLA and PANC) I put up up should have fog (patches) for the areas I was flying at that time of day (morning / season .. and it looked about right for me.

A little bit of blue ... true ... but ok.

Best Regards,

The blue I saw is a recent experience & looks far from natural. Also it covered the ground & ocean as far as I could see & I was at 20,000 odd feet.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Ross,

Did you do a screenshot?

I do not use REX4.

What is ASD (for weather)?

Best Regards,

I had an issue like this in FSX a few months ago and it was because a sky theme in REX 4 installed fog as blue. I just chose a paler colour for the sky and the fog is now back, appearing as white. So if you're using any external weather program, pick a different theme and see if that helps.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

I had an issue like this in FSX a few months ago and it was because a sky theme in REX 4 installed fog as blue. I just chose a paler colour for the sky and the fog is now back, appearing as white. So if you're using any external weather program, pick a different theme and see if that helps.

normal_fog_zps0bdb9ece.jpg

Excellent !

I changed the "day" sky texture color in REX (f..ing) 4 , and now the fog has another (greenish) colour.

But much better then before.

I'm guessing that that this has something to do with having cloud reflections  (and not shadows) option turned on in P3d. I've noticed that on an overcast day, with cloud reflections on, the apparent color of inland waterbodies looks different and that result is probably realistic.