Sign in to follow this  
neilhr

X-Plane and Track IR

Hi,

I have recently downloaded the demo version of X plane, after many years of MSFS.

Impressions are very favourable so far!

I found that when I checked the box in settings to use Track IR, and go to 3D view mode, I have an outside view, but no panels or interior details, only thick black lines round the window frames. The view pans round smoothly in response to Track IR inputs, but no panels.

I downloaded pilotview and it seems to work, in the sense of adjusting the view position, but it doesn't solve the missing panel problem.

Help or suggestions gratefully received.

Neil

OK further to the above, some of the aircraft, like the Cessna & 747 work OK; the problem affects the KC10.

Neil

I have only just started with XP10 as well and to my understanding a lot of the default planes dont have a VC which is why you get that view with trackir

From EGFF to YSSY

Last time I tried TrackIR I couldn't lean my head at an angle but it did pan and zoom OK.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Yes only some planes have a 3D panel built out, so you're in 3D panel mode with no panel for that plane

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.