Sign in to follow this  
fsxar177

The Definitive T-6 package. - Released

EZDOK crashes when I load this model, so it's a no go for me.

Good-Day,

I'm told that the quotations ("...")  In the .cfg, for aircraft 'Title', are what causes EZDoK to crash.

JUst a quick question: The flight-model is based on an normal AT-6 Texan and not an artifical overpowered one?

JUst a quick question: The flight-model is based on an normal AT-6 Texan and not an artifical overpowered one?

The Flight-model is a fine balance between a bone-stock 'normal' T-6, and a cleaner/lighter, but still essentially stock racing T-6.   The only Extra power comes from pushing the prop beyond it's normal limits.  Max Rated HP in this model has about 20hp more than stock.

The original flight model was painfully sluggish, even by T-6 standards...

This flight model has been constructed with careful advice from 6 real-world T-6 race pilots.   The aircraft performs as theirs do.

It will get more efficient economy, and a little faster cruise.

The T-6 Class at Reno is a VERY limited class.  I have their official rule, and tech books as well.  I also have a bunch of Harvard, and Texan manuals from the 40's and 50's.

You won't find a better T-6 flight model.  Anywhere.

- Joseph

- Joseph

Ditto. This is really beautiful package and not only the flight model, but all the paints are just top notch! Big thanks for all the effort! :Applause:

How about taking the Vertigo F8F next to the works and putting some racing power on it too :P 

Ditto. This is really beautiful package and not only the flight model, but all the paints are just top notch! Big thanks for all the effort! :Applause:

How about taking the Vertigo F8F next to the works and putting some racing power on it too :P

Actually, we would really like to do some tweaks on that Bearcat too.  The problem is, it just needs so much..

But maybe an expansion, similar to what we did on the Corsair

- Joseph

But maybe an expansion, similar to what we did on the Corsair ?

Exactly what I meant. I think you guys could do miracles with tweaking the air file and .cfg and perhaps adding proper RealEngine model for it. And not to forget bunch of beautiful paints, of course!  A2A Corsair expanision is awesome and a nice challenge to fly, just like Corsair should be.

Grunt,

I appreciate your enthusiasm.  We'll keep it in mind!

The other aircraft that could really shine with some make-overs, is the Flying Stations Sea Fury.  It's about 50% there as is..  maybe we could add the other 50% and make it a fun product.

After we released the AF Corsair package, A2A had to go back and raise the price on the original download!  Cap some $$ from our efforts, it was getting bought up so fast!

- Joseph

The other aircraft that could really shine with some make-overs, is the Flying Stations Sea Fury.  It's about 50% there as is..  maybe we could add the other 50% and make it a fun product.

This. I was about to suggest the Fury too, but the name of the developer just escaped me and didn't include it to my suggestion. But definitely great choice too!

After we released the AF Corsair package, A2A had to go back and raise the price on the original download!  Cap some $$ from our efforts, it was getting bought up so fast!

This great to hear! AF Corsair was somewhat aged model at that point (although still very good looking!) and sales were probably quite low and if sales boosted up significantly, it pretty much sums up the quality of your work!

If I remember correctly, you did some co-operation with A2A/AF developing your Corsair package, right? There might be a chance to do the same at least with Flying Stations regarding the Fury. For F8F sadly, I believe that Vertigo doesn't have any of the source files left for the Bearcat as the developer doing the work pretty much vanished and took everything with him. Of course air and cfg editing, paints and RE module are always possible, though.

The Flight-model is a fine balance between a bone-stock 'normal' T-6, and a cleaner/lighter, but still essentially stock racing T-6.   The only Extra power comes from pushing the prop beyond it's normal limits.  Max Rated HP in this model has about 20hp more than stock.

The original flight model was painfully sluggish, even by T-6 standards...

This flight model has been constructed with careful advice from 6 real-world T-6 race pilots.   The aircraft performs as theirs do.

It will get more efficient economy, and a little faster cruise.

The T-6 Class at Reno is a VERY limited class.  I have their official rule, and tech books as well.  I also have a bunch of Harvard, and Texan manuals from the 40's and 50's.

- Joseph

Tried it yout now, what a beauty! I love the realistic engine and flight model (broke the flaps and gear while flying, oooops).

Well I got it working without EZDOK problems, thanks! Having flown the real thing, I have to say, this model feels right and performs close to the numbers, through takeoff, aerobatics stalls and landing. My only issue, is the throttle seems a little touchy. The slightest movement can jump the manifold pressure 15-20 inches. It needs a very soft hand to manage it. Other then that it's first rate, I highly recommend it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d