Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

FMC would not accept any revisions to LEGS (direct, delete, etc)

Cheers for the help guys. 

Edit: Can you post that simbrief file somewhere, I would like to analyze it?

If anyone finds something repeatable and noteworthy, pass it along to PMDG at the support portal.

While it might be an external issue (caused by route planners not writing the route properly, etc.), programs can be made stronger by understanding and programming around those issues.  Not saying it'll make it high on the priorities list for inclusion into the current products, but as a developer, it's always nice to know what exceptions might exist and how to side-step them.

Kyle Rodgers

I've just flown a flight this evening with the 777F, and all was going well until I was getting close to the top of descent and tried to make some changes to the LEGS page.      On all attempts, I recieved an "Invalid Entry" or "Invalid Delete" message.

So for example, let's say I have these remaining legs :-

WELIN

TNT

POL

RAPUM

EGNT

.....and let's say I line select POL and then attempt to click on to WELIN (in other words to go direct to POL)....  I then get "Invalid Entry".

If I also tried to just press the DELETE key on the FMC, and line select any of the above legs, I received "Invalid Delete".

I'm on SP1b, so up to date.

Can anyone point me towards what the issue may be here?

Thanks in advance.

I've just had this same issue when using simbrief. I used both a RTE and WX file for the flight. However, I do not put the "001" after the flight plan.

Well yeah.... you cannot change the active leg.  Switch to MCP HDG, make your changes to the LEGS and change heading as required then put her back on LNAV.

Um... not sure what 001 in the flight plan has to do with anything.  Part of the problem with hijacking an old thread is no one remembers the original post and I'm not going to re-read a 20 thread old post to try to understand your problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Switch to MCP HDG, make your changes to the LEGS and change heading as required then put her back on LNAV.

Dan

See posts #8 and #9 of this thread on page 1.

Dan

See posts #8 and #9 of this thread on page 1.

Haha... gotta relearn stuff every day. I could of swore I've been unable to change the active waypoint before... just tried it and it worked so I don't know what I recall.

Dan Downs KCRP