Sign in to follow this  
akmatov

Throttle now only opens up to 75%

Last night I noticed that my throttle will not open via the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Throttle Quad to more than about 75%.  It used to be fine and the keyboard works OK.  I did the FSX calibrate and reset the control axises.  What settings could I have messed up to cause this?

Judging by the fact you calibrated it via FSX I'd be right in assuming you don't use FSUIPC?

Simple things to do: Turn it off and on again. Make sure the sensitivity and null zone sliders are at 0 (full left). Reinstall drivers/update drivers. 

If you've tried everything then I'd really recommend getting FSUIPC, it's honestly one of the best addons I've ever used.

I use CH Products controls and always calibrate using the CH Products calibration software.  I have never attempted to calibrate my controls with FSX. I would suggest calibrating your controls through whatever calibration software came with your controls.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Last night I noticed that my throttle will not open via the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Throttle Quad to more than about 75%.  It used to be fine and the keyboard works OK.  I did the FSX calibrate and reset the control axises.  What settings could I have messed up to cause this?

Calibrate through Windows. 

I don't know if this would apply to you or not since I use CH controls. However, I have a file called standard.xml which holds the maximum and minimum settings for each control. I had an occasion when my throttle control wouldn't increase to full and found the maximum setting for the throttle control had been reduced. from 127 to a lower figure. Calibration wouldn't change the setting so I manually changed the setting to match the maximum setting of the other controls. For the CH Eclipse yoke the file entry looks like this:

Axis>

<AxName>ZAxis</AxName>

<Index>2</Index>

<AxEvent>AXIS_THROTTLE_SET</AxEvent>

<AxScale>127</AxScale>

<AxNull>1</AxNull>

On my Win 7 computer this file is located in:

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls

If your Saitek yoke has a similar setting this could be the problem.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram