Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

UBBB Baku is being added to the mix

Kazakhstan is nothing like depicted in Borat. That movie was nothing more but an insult to the country and in fact Kazakhstan is a very modern country, more so than many countries in Eastern Europe and Asia.

edetriot, I suppose panels still not available? Some developers of the Il-76 on the Russian forum were puzzled about these panels along with the night lighting.

Great news! Baku will be an interesting destination from a variety of airports, much like Tallinn is now. And I see that the new Moscow UUEE is also available this morning by the same developer for FS9.

John G.

This is great news, and a great choice of airports!    Baku is a very busy, interesting destination, not least due to all of the oil and gas exploration and refinement that goes on in Azerbaijan.

I second the notion that it's far better to get intestering locations like Baku and Almaty than dull same old same old representation of bland US or Major European airports.    ....and I have a particular passion for ex-Soviet cities / countries.

It is indeed good to get somewhere different. 

PS.... Yes that was a very silly, fictional representation of Kazakhstan as a small village in the Borat film .... but I don't think it was intended to insult.   To most westerners' ignorance, they believe Eastern Europe and ex-Soviet countries are like that.     Nothing could be further from the truth.  Kazakhstan is the richest of all of the Central Asian countries, and has such vast, unexplored oil and gas reserves that it's supplies will only just be broken in to, when America runs out.

a new Almaty scenery

I certainly second that Harald and would add it's neighbour, Astana, an airport I am quite fond of.

Developers please take note ... but include an FS9 version please.

Appliance, I have suggested Almaty to Stanislaw already some time ago, as well as Bishkek in Kyrgyzstan, and Batumi, Mestia and/or Kutaisi in Georgia: He could use his static planes to model the vast scrapyards of old Soviet planes in the former two. But I'm glad he has finally discovered the Caucasus somehow!

Just only one word more about "Borat" from me. I think everyone understood what the film was not about: Kazakhstan...

And now that I think about it: I newer have flown to Atlanta Airport in Georgia (US)... B)

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I think many of you should check your legs ........ as one of them is a little longer than the other ........ :lol:

edetriot, I suppose panels still not available? Some developers of the Il-76 on the Russian forum were puzzled about these panels along with the night lighting.

Still not available I'm afraid.

Edetroit,

Hi, are u still running on xp or did u upgrade to a new os??? Could u please post your specs?, thanks.

I am still running my same old rig on Win-XP 

Coolermaster Cosmos S ATX , KINGWIN MODULAR 800W PSU, 2 x Corsair 2GB PC8500 DDR2 Ram, INNO3D NVIDIA GTX 285 1GB PCI EXPRESS GRAPHICS CARD, Microsoft 32Bit XP Home, 1000GB S-ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive, Creative Labs X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 PCI Sound Card, CORE 2 DUO E8600 OVERCLOCKED TO 4.0GHZ PER CORE,

Great news! Baku will be an interesting destination from a variety of airports, much like Tallinn is now. And I see that the new Moscow UUEE is also available this morning by the same developer for FS9.

If Baku is of Tallinn's quality I'm in…..if UUEE I'm not.  :(

What about FSX ??

I do believe you are in the wrong forum old chap.   <_<

I just wanted to learn if they had any intentions toward developing an airport for FSX. "Why so serious?..."

If you had cared to follow this thread from its beginning and clicked on the thread

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=282

edetroit had so thoughtfully provided; the very first sentence would have provided the answer sought.

I wasn't serious then hence smiley.  I am serious now ... before posting at least do your homework.

One of the things I miss about FS9 is all the awesome freeware Russia/CIS airports. Nice to see these being revisited.

I hope DD does Yerevan. That Loai Hamad freeware for FS9 was so great. Doesn't go over to FSX quite so well though.

Doesn't go over to FSX quite so well though.

Tough noogies!