Sign in to follow this  
rickalty

WAY OT - But I figured the flight nuts would know ;)

Guest Pardue802

Hey guys, got a quick question that I'm not sure who to ask or what to expect, but if anybody would know its this merry band of folks we call flight sim enthusiasts. Well, actually you may not know, but I'll ask anyway since I haven't a clue about this sort of thing.My fiancee and I will be married on March 27th of this year. On March 28th, we're flying out to Savannah... very excited, only the second time that I will have flown, seeing three new large airports in the process and flying on Northwest for the first time, yadda yadda yadda... anyway, in the process of booking these tickets through Expedia... should I add my wife-to-be by her maiden name or by her new name? We're both anxious for her to be listed somewhere, anywhere, as Mrs. Pardue. ;-)Thanks in advance for the reply to the way off-topic post.Kenneth

Guest daveg4otu

I believe I'm correct in saying that to avoid a lot of hassle her airline ticket needs to be in the same name as her passport(presumably this will still be in her maiden name) .Good luck to you bothDave

Guest JF737WN

I'd have to agree with Dave.If all her ID's still have her maiden name on them, I would suggest you use that. Don't take chances getting cought by the TSA or something.Be safe, have fun, and good luck!

And when it's tax time she should make sure the name on the tax forms matches her newest official Social Security card. The first thing the IRS does when they get a return is check the Social Security Name vs SSN database for both taxpayers and all dependants. If any of the last names don't match, the return could be rejected and not considered "filed" until a replacement return is submitted with names that match the database WHEN THE IRS PROCESSES THE REPLACEMENT RETURN. I hesatate to think how much confusion could result if a name change is pending with Social Security while the IRS paperwork is in the mail (or eFile). If she wants to use a married name on the return next year, she should go to Social Security before the end of the year with her valid photo ID. If her photo ID doesn't have her SSN on it she may need her Social Security card too. The short application form, with instructions, is on the Social Security Admin. web site as a PDF file. Check the form well before you go to see what information you will need to fill it out. The last name on W-2s and such aren't important as long as the Social Security number matches.RobertVASim Pilot and Tax Preparer

Guest Pardue802

Thanks for the advice. My fiancee is, unlike myself, not a procrastinator. She's already got a bride name change kit that has some social security forms and things in there, and has a date planned to go around and take care of all of these things after we're back from the honeymoon. Thanks very much for the advice, I'll save it and add it to our list of things to do and how to do them when we're back from the honeymoon, it's GREATLY appreciated! :-)Now I'm dealing with another dilemma... I can't stand driving, and one of the places we're going on the honeymoon is a town (Barnesville) 45 miles south of Atlanta. So... when flying back I'll have to drive in the rental car into Atlanta to get to the airport. Whew... I'm from a Louisana town of 40,000 people. Atlanta is over 4,000,000!!! I've never driven in a larger city than 200,000, I don't know what options exist for dropping off the rental car in or near Barnesville and getting transportation to Atlanta. Anybody know of any? It further complicates things that check out time at the bed and breakfast we're going to be staying at is 11:00, and our flight leaves at shortly after 1:00, so there's not much time there. I don't suppose any of our more travelled members would have any advice for me there, eh?Thanks,Kenneth

Guest JF737WN

Usually, some hotels have airport shuttles, but at a bed & breakfast I'm not sure. If there is an airport in Barnesville, with the same rental car company as the one you rent from in Atlanta there might be an option to get the car in Atlanta, drive down to Barnesville, then when you leave, drop the car off back with the rental car company down there. Im sure there are shuttle services around that you can call and have them pick you up. Just look around in a phone book online in the mean time.(Hope that was clear enough)Good luck!

Kenneth:>>So... when flying back I'll have to drive in the rental car into Atlanta to get to the airport.Actually, no you don't.... Atlanta airport is south of the city of Atlanta. It's right next to GA-41, which is the road from Barnesville to Atlanta. You would simply take 41 from Barnesville, and about 8 miles before you even get to Atlanta, you'll turn into the airport.>>I don't know what options exist for dropping off the rental car in or near Barnesville and getting transportation to Atlanta.It would cost you a fortune. The rental company will charge you a big fee for the remote drop, and any transport from Barnesville - unless you pay hundreds of dollars for a taxi - will probably be into Atlanta and then back out.>>It further complicates things that check out time at the bed and breakfast we're going to be staying at is 11:00, and our flight leaves at shortly after 1:00, so there's not much time there.Checkout time just means that if you stay after 11am they'll charge you for another day - not that you have to wait till 11 to check out! You can leave the B&B at 7am if you want to take a slow and peacefull drive up to the airport :-)Richard