Sign in to follow this  
gfd

HDR Washed Out Panel

Greetings

I migrated the default Cessna 172SP from FSX to P3D. So far so good. All controls OK, etc. Had to mess with lighting to get aircraft illuminated. That's done too.

I finally turned on HDR lighting. I haven't had a chance to evaluate how good it is, but I can say that it totally washes out the VC in the 172SP when the cockpit lights are turned on at night. Turn on HDR, VC awash with light. Turn off HDR, VC is back to normal (well as normal as one can expect when one cannot turn off the dome light :rolleyes: ).

Now I can turn on HDR in the daytime and turn it off at night; at least while I'm flying the C172. That kinda defeats the purpose though, doesn't it?

Is there anything I can modify to cool down the effect of the HDR lighting in the cockpit? Or does that totally defeat the concept?

Any help will be gratefully accepted,

Graham

Thanks Jim,

I'll experiment with different values and report back.

Graham