Sign in to follow this  
Icon 22

Lear45 Aircraft.CFG help

I have tried all night to get FSX ATC to preface clearances with "Lear" or "LearJet". All ATC will use is "Bombardier". I have reinstalled Edit voice pack V 4.0 but no joy. I have hit all the forums and they say to change to first 2 lines in the [GENERAL] section. I have tried every combination in the book. BTW is there a second config. somewhere else?

Thanks for your help.

[fltsim.0]
title=Learjet 45
sim=Lear45
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
kb_checklists=Lear45_check
kb_reference=Lear45_ref
atc_id=JA-068X
ui_manufacturer="Bombardier"
ui_type="Learjet 45"
ui_variation="Gold, Black"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="The Model 45 is Learjet's first all-new aircraft since Bill Lear's first Model 23. Although it looks like a Learjet, it

has only half the parts of a Model 35, reflecting a significant design progression. The parameters set down for the 45 called

for it to have the performance of the Learjet 35, the handling of the Learjet 31A, and greater cabin space than the

competition."

[fltsim.1]
title=Learjet 45 Limited Edition
sim=Lear45
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=1
kb_checklists=Lear45_check
kb_reference=Lear45_ref
atc_id=45LR
ui_manufacturer="Bombardier"
ui_type="Learjet 45"
ui_variation="Anniversary edition"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="The Model 45 is Learjet's first all-new aircraft since Bill Lear's first Model 23. Although it looks like a Learjet, it

has only half the parts of a Model 35, reflecting a significant design progression. The parameters set down for the 45 called

for it to have the performance of the Learjet 35, the handling of the Learjet 31A, and greater cabin space than the

competition."

[General]
atc_type=Learjet?
atc_model=LR45?
editable=1

Hi Gary,

Interesting one, this!

It seems to me that when FSX ATC is talking directly to you it uses the "ATC_TYPE=Bombardier" variable in the [GENERAL] section, plus the last 3 or 4 characters from the "ATC_ID=JA-O68X" variable from the [Flightsim.X] section of the aircraft you've selected. So you'd get something like " Bombardier 68X go to holding point for runway 28 via taxiway Alpha."

But if FSX ATC is warning you of a nearby Lear whilst flying it would say something like - " Caution, Learjet, less than four miles. Report the aircraft in sight!" It's using the "ATC_MODEL=LJ45" variable from the [General] section.

Another way around being called "Bombardier" is to select an airline name and number from the drop down list in the aircraft details view when selecting.

Best Regards,

Philip M Wafer

EIWT

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the reply. I still don't have it figured out though. When you fly the Lear45 does ATC call you Lear, Learjet, or Bombardier?

Add this line to your aircraft.cfg.     atc_airline=Learjet    Screenshot forthcoming!

After that line is entered you can go to the aircraft "Details" screen and enter

a flight number.  Remember to make your .cfg changes without FSX running.

bQyGN.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank you for the tip. I will try this when I get back and will keep you posted!

Well I figured it out... kind of. What I had done at some point in the past was to change my "Lear45" folder to "Backup_Lear45". To make a long story short FSX still sought out "Backup_Lear45" folder even though all my changes were made in the NEW "Lear45" folder. I had made new situation files, started with new A/C then changed to the Learjet. All the time I was flying "Backup_Lear45.

WHAT GIVES WITH THAT. PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME! Thanks for the help!

FSX doesn't care what the folder name of an aircraft is so you can't disable an aircraft by renaming it's folder. Further, if you copied the Lear folder you likely now have two aircraft.cfgs with identical title= lines so FSX will be confused over that and will only choose one or the other to present in the select aircraft menu. Sounds like it chose the backup folder rather than the one you're editing, probably because "Backup_Lear45" is alphabetically before "Lear45".

You probably saw this alert dialog?

dupe_titles.jpg

Option #1 would be to move your Backup_Lear45 folder completely out of simobject\airplanes - Option #2 would be to change all the title= lines in the one you're editing maybe appending -Edited to the title, i.e. "title=Learjet 45-Edited". If you go that route I would also change the ui_variation= line so you can tell them apart in the UI, maybe append -Edited to that as well, i.e. "ui_variation="Gold, Black-Edited". You need to do this to each variation [fltsim.0] and [fltsim.1] incidentally and any extra [fltsim.X] entries you may have if you've installed any repaints.

Jim

FSX doesn't care what the folder name of an aircraft is so you can't disable an aircraft by renaming it's folder. Further, if you copied the Lear folder you likely now have two aircraft.cfgs with identical title= lines so FSX will be confused over that and will only choose one or the other to present in the select aircraft menu. Sounds like it chose the backup folder rather than the one you're editing, probably because "Backup_Lear45" is alphabetically before "Lear45".

You probably saw this alert dialog?

dupe_titles.jpg

Option #1 would be to move your Backup_Lear45 folder completely out of simobject\airplanes - Option #2 would be to change all the title= lines in the one you're editing maybe appending -Edited to the title, i.e. "title=Learjet 45-Edited". If you go that route I would also change the ui_variation= line so you can tell them apart in the UI, maybe append -Edited to that as well, i.e. "ui_variation="Gold, Black-Edited". You need to do this to each variation [fltsim.0] and [fltsim.1] incidentally and any extra [fltsim.X] entries you may have if you've installed any repaints.

Jim

Hi Jim,

You are correct about the Backup_Lear45 folder. I too finally thought all the editing was going down the drain after a few hours.  Also, I never saw a warning for FSX. Roger on moving the folder. ALL the wasted time. :mad:  Thanks