Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

DD's UUEE Sheremetyevo released.

I do NOT recommend this scenery. Putting land class files in a folder with a scenery AND texture folder will cause OOM's (this should be known by all scenery developers).

And the low frame rates (difficult to get even on my system) indicate something is seriously wrong with this scenery.

And IMO not made by the same people who made Tallin. (EETN) 

I do NOT recommend this scenery.  

That's a shame, Ed. From what I've observed it does seem to be a rush job by DD. Hopefully they'll patch it into usability at some point.

John G.

I have always thought of DD as a top notch scenery developer and was very happy to buy UUEE without a second thought.

How ever since my post has just been deleted on his forum ...

"A scenery developer who puts land class files in a folder with a scenery folder AND a texture folder has no business making PAYware scenery as they should know this causes OOM's..this is page 1 stuff.

Edit* B*&%$y hell!. I have just had my first chance to try the scenery. The frame rates are lower than any add-on scenery I have (and I have a lot). There is something seriously wrong with this scenery…...who made it?….not the same people who made EETN."

In future I will wait for the public to beta test (as surely noone did this scenery) . :mellow: 

my post has just been deleted

Thats most unfortunate edetroit.

Clearly Stan is under pressure right now ... to make money after the NYC mess and with a child due shortly apparently.  His team has had issues this year too.  Altogether not a happy time for DD.  There nevertheless is a LOT (pardon the pun) of goodwill out there for DD and hopefully UUEE will prove a passing aberration.

very happy to buy UUEE without a second thought.

You are not alone here.  I jumped in as did many forum members and others in our little community.  Chastened, next time we will all be just a little careful.

To be fair, and on a brighter note,  DD have released an update for Warsaw City 2013.

Towing bar too short?

Don't get me started. I have been waiting over a year and a half for the ability to select which truck I use and a long tow bar!  :mad:

TBO I wish I could dump the program but I can't …I love it. :lol:

I don't like the UUEE either but the only other choice I have is the freeware. Frames are terrible hence I had to lower down some options which was really not nice, and the taxiways have very jagged edges despite I have good antialiasing settings set. The Mdesign Domodedovo was better for me and it's possible I might have to switch base to Domodedovo instead.

If I were him I wouldn't try to model New York... All of it? That's just a recipe for disaster. Obviously it was going to be a mess. And UUEE being a big airport it needs more patience and experience to be made. He was good making polish airports, it was very polished and well made hence I was very happy to hear that UUEE was being made (obviously with less details as it's a bigger airport to save frames). It has been mentioned he will shortly have a kid, perhaps that might have something to do with the rushed release, however, I will not go in details about someones personal life. Only that if I had a kid, I would not have time anymore for FS until 5 years later.

I'm sure (and hope) there will be a patch as in this small market reputation is very important.

Don't get me started. I have been waiting over a year and a half for the ability to select which truck I use and a long tow bar!

Ed, I didn't want to offend you. This picture just reminded me to the one you posted in Aerosoft's forum. I can understand that this is at least so annoying to you as the fact that the fuel truck stands 10 m away from my plane is to me.

BTW, I read your post in DD's forum before it was deleted and I'm sure so did many other users.

Regarding UUEE and a coming UBBB I have mixed feelings. I did as many here: I was so glad that there's a new version of UUEE and bought it without any hesitate. And I still find UUEE not that bad.

As stated somewhere above, there have been subcontractors to DD. After my impression you can find parts which obviously are made by DD themselves (f. i. look at the tower building!) and others which are not (ground textures, blending AFCAD/ground, some buildings' textures). It's obviously this mixture together with hurriness and perhaps lacking supervision which makes the scenery as it is. The fact that there are Landclass files is a beginner's fault indeed. (You will lough: I moved them into a dedicated Russia Landclass scenery before starting the first time at UUEE by instinct)

I'm sure that DD will update the scenery. The words which Stanislaw posted after my suggestions sound hopeful.

Only that if I had a kid, I would not have time anymore for FS until 5 years later.

Oh, for some months now I have two of them and I still fly regularly. In addition, my elder son (6) is a good companion for spotting!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Oh, for some months now I have two of them and I still fly regularly. In addition, my elder son (6) is a good companion for spotting!

Spotting?  Shouldn't he be able to get to the bathroom in time at age 6?

Shouldn't he be able to get to the bathroom in time at age 6?

Thanks for the very nice comment. He learnt this between 2 and 3.

Edit: oh, maybe there is some English pun that I don't recognize as no native English speaker? Spotting = watching planes landing and taking off at the fence of the airport. Isn't that the correct word?

There are German words which sound and are said to be English, for instance "Handy". But the thing being designated "Handy" is called a "cellphone" in real English. Are "spotting" and "spotter" (the person who watches planes) such words, too?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

(You will lough: I moved them into a dedicated Russia Landclass scenery before starting the first time at UUEE by instinct)

Harald,

Could you list the files which need to be moved to a dedicated landclass scenery? I am not sure how to indetify them.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the very nice comment. He learnt this between 2 and 3.

Edit: oh, maybe there is some English pun that I don't recognize as no native English speaker? Spotting = watching planes landing and taking off at the fence of the airport. Isn't that the correct word?

There are German words which sound and are said to be English, for instance "Handy". But the thing being designated "Handy" is called a "cellphone" in real English. Are "spotting" and "spotter" (the person who watches planes) such words, too?

It's some strange UK english I guess, I don't recognize either. But I know it wasn't a very nice comment... Just don't care about it.

(You will lough: I moved them into a dedicated Russia Landclass scenery before starting the first time at UUEE by instinct)

That's something I never expected would have to do with a payware scenery (freeware it's tolerable).

Mike,

if I remember correct, the files were named "LD_****.bgl", the **** being four numbers. There were only two such files and I think you can identify them with this description. If not, I have to look at it when I'm at my FS PC in the evening.

In fact I had such a file (of course with an earlier date) already in the Russia Landclass folder, perhaps originating from a freeware scenery, so I was warned.

The more you think of it, the more you'll doubt the professionality of this UUEE release.

Just don't care about it.

Just wanted to improve my English. :lol:

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I don't like commercial companies telling me what's legal or not either as the law depends on where you live, and here consumers have a lot more right than in some more right wing countries.

The comment by Stanislaw was very unprofessional and seems to care about some EULA more than an user willing to fix the issues with the afcad for free, which I do not really understand. Perhaps there was a missunderstanding, who knows.

When it comes to real life (personally), when I meet poles (as a pro-Rusisan from Belarus) we usually get into large arguments, so it could be something regional towards Russians why this scenery is not the quality as the Polish ones, who knows? But fortunately this is not the reason for lower quality...

Complaining won't create more FS9 sceneries, but releasing it as bugs and OOMs is something too.

if I remember correct, the files were named "LD_****.bgl", the **** being four numbers. There were only two such files and I think you can identify them with this description. If not, I have to look at it when I'm at my FS PC in the evening.

In fact I had such a file (of course with an earlier date) already in the Russia Landclass folder, perhaps originating from a freeware scenery, so I was warned.

Harald,

Thank you for the response!  I will check these two files as well.

Cheers,

Mike