Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Sibwings An-2 and Birddog

Have any of you carried over to P3D the Sibwings An-2 and the Birddog ? SW's forums are anything but dead and the indications to that purpose are scarce and not clearly relevant to V2. Thanks. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Do not know concerning the AN-2, as I do not own it.  However I have the Cessna Bird Dog, and NO, it will not carry over to V2.3 nor 2.2 for that matter.

Good news. The Sibwings AN-2  works well in P3DV2.3. Just a plain install pointing to P3D (where I have a resident fsx.exe) and add the following to your dll.xml

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>SibWings service module</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>SibWings\Service\swservice.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just a quick follow-up as we are two years further now... Does the Bird Dog still work in P3D v3? I dearly miss this old little plane, and might buy Ant's new Winjeel as a replacement instead, but the bird dog would be my preference.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On 8/31/2016 at 8:01 PM, flibinite said:

I have both AC running in 3.2.3

Do you still have the Sibwings products running in your Lockheed P3dv.x.x?  If so, would appreciate what modification steps you made to your Sibwings program to make the  Bird dog functional with Lockheed architecture?  Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

10 hours ago, Blackace16 said:

Do you still have the Sibwings products running in your Lockheed P3dv.x.x?  If so, would appreciate what modification steps you made to your Sibwings program to make the  Bird dog functional with Lockheed architecture?  Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

I still have the AN2 flying in v3 like it was in V2.

Dominique

Their latest update to the An-2 (ATSimulations) works very well.... FWIW

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

It cost me £12 update fee to fly in P3d v4, an absolute no brainer even at $24 dollars well worth the entry fee especially if you like the will it get there or not type of flying! so real you can smell the vodka and cigars LOL

On 9/2/2019 at 3:26 PM, Blackace16 said:

I don't, but I also don't recall anything unusual about the installation.  I may have used the Estonia installer, it's a while back now

Hans Soule

Hi, I have a question. Can you tell me why and when Sibwings was deactivated, whether it will ever return and whether all of its products are currently available elsewhere? Thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,

Connor Richey

On 9/10/2019 at 12:38 AM, flibinite said:

Sibwings

It never was updated  for the 64k sims.

AtSimulation made the 64k versions of the An-2 and the Max Holst Broussard (a very nice and demanding model..)

Gérard

Do you mean the reason why Sibwings was deactivated is because it was never updated for the 64k sims?

Yes !

AtSimulation is one of the 2 Sibwings partners who made the 64k versions.

Gérard