Sign in to follow this  
737727Nut

737-200 offsets

Before I buy this I have one big question.  Are or will there be offsets available for all the functions and lights in the cockpit? I am building a 732 Sim using real parts and needthem to interface to my sim.

Thanks

Rob

Most of the buttons and lights are handled using XML L vars. Im not sure if there is a program out there that can read them from the sim and help interface with the hardware....N4GIX? Do I recall correct something called LINDA can do this?

The autopilot does use some key events but these can also be triggered with the XML script.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

FSUIPC can handle this neatly, using either some of the built in facilities, or even better, using Lua to program your own interface code. I use the term "code" because Lua truly is a programming language. Pete's documentation in the FSUIPC SDK is excellent.

@Jon: here is a truly epic chart of the "Hierarchy of Programmers" with regards to their choice of "programming language..." :LMAO:

http://programmingexamples.wikidot.com/programming

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Most of the AP functions are assignable using the standard FSX autopilot offsets available in FSUIPC (Registered). Eg;-

• AP Master, HDG SEL, NAV, APPR, ALT HOLD, VS, A/T ARM, etc.
  • HDG +/-, CRS +/-, ALT +/-, VS +/-

...the functions that I have not managed to be able to assign yet (using FSUIPC) are the custom autopilot functions;  

• FL CH, and EPR.

Ok great thanks!  I have used LVARS before with LUA and FSUIPC.  Let the fun begin.

Bwahahahaha!! Brilliant N4GIX!

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Bwahahahaha!! Brilliant N4GIX!

Did you notice the "special position" for "Ruby programmers?"

And of course the very bottom of the hierarchy are "People who insist on calling HTML (and thus XML) a programming language." :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Did you notice the "special position" for "Ruby programmers?"

And of course the very bottom of the hierarchy are "People who insist on calling HTML (and thus XML) a programming language." :LMAO:

rofl yep. Hence my use of the term "script" for the XML. As for Ruby....well I looked it over with a friend and I cant say I see much use for it...

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker