Sign in to follow this  
el_kab0ng

Hawker 850 a gap bridger?

Anyone else see the Hawker 850 as a bridge to gap between short distance GA and the 737BBJ? I know ES makes the Citation X (which I dislike for my own reasons), but feel the Hawker, with Carenado's most excellent graphics, would be a better medium distance choice until someone is able to produce either a Falcon 900LX or a G650ER (which chances are nhil). Anyone else see it in the same vein?

I surely hope that Carenado will produce something larger after their great looking Hawker ;)

Something like a Challenger 300 or 604 or 605, a Global Express, a Legacy, ...

There is (unfortunately) almost no chance of seeing a Gulfstream or a Falcon (except the Wilco 7X) for FSX because both manufacturers prohibits it :(

I've always heard that the business jet market for FS is very small. But lately, I've seen many developers start projects on business jets and from what I can tell a growing consumer market for PJ's. I've always been a fan, and I'm truly hoping that Carenado will be successful in the creation of their Hawker and perhaps move onto Bombardier aircraft for example. (Lear 45, 55, 60, CL601-CL605 GL5T)

Luis Cortez
www.fusionairways.com

I've always heard that the business jet market for FS is very small. But lately, I've seen many developers start projects on business jets and from what I can tell a growing consumer market for PJ's. I've always been a fan, and I'm truly hoping that Carenado will be successful in the creation of their Hawker and perhaps move onto Bombardier aircraft for example. (Lear 45, 55, 60, CL601-CL605 GL5T)

As I understand it, the Phenom was their biggest seller...in part, I think, due to pent up demand.  I've got the Mustang and pretty happy with that, though, I am watching some of the other companies with interest.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

As I understand it, the Phenom was their biggest seller.

Out of interest, where did you get that information? I tend to believe it but I wouldn't be able to tell which model sold best, except for the ones where the forums are super silent. Those most likely didn't. ^_^

Out of interest, where did you get that information? I tend to believe it but I wouldn't be able to tell which model sold best, except for the ones where the forums are super silent. Those most likely didn't. ^_^

Third hand...someone said Carenado posted on their facebook.  I don't doubt it either but only due to my own personal view that the VLJ area has been very, very dry since the Mustang...and it works on P3D. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I think the point on the lack of really new VLJ/BizJ is indeed a good one. That market is either old or non existent. The Phenom looks sexy and if it wasn't for the systems, I think I would have got her too. I hovered over the purchase button more than once. :blush:

I think the biggest factor surrounding the lack of business jet choices is the permission and licensing hurdles required of developers. Just ask Eaglesoft (who is endorsed by Textron, who owns Cessna). The licensing fees alone are enough to turn off any potential developer. And my guess is they don't only have to get permission from the aircraft manufacturer, but also from the company that makes the avionics suites. For example: Rockwell Collins has training versions of its PL21 suite that cost customers hundreds of dollars each. Maybe I'm wrong, but my guess is all parties have to be on the same page.

Todd

Beechcraft sure seems to be cooperative with the Flight Sim Community, I know Cessna can be a bit hard to deal with from past posts from a few developers (A2A Included), as far as Dassault goes I can't believe they partnered with Wilco, if I were them and looked at the current state of their 7X I would be furious, many testers on their FB page are NOT happy, and in traditional Wilco style they seem to be ignoring their testers. However Milviz's King Air 350i with the Rockwell Collins PL-21 looks FREAKING PERFECT, anyone who has their King Air 350 right now will tell you that in its current unfinished state its better than many aircraft that are released and this is including the Flight 1 B200.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg