Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Why lock the PSS thread?

Guest monsoon

Guys you dont have to get into a slagging each other match. I gave you the fps i get on the other products. I have a very good system. The pss 330 brings my fps down quite a bit. THATS all. I did not get one answer that helps me. Is it bad coding or what? Obviously other posters get bad fps too. I am not cutting down PSS although I wish they would have given me an answer to my question. Please do not complicate the original post. thx.

Oh dear, it's such a shame when threads descend into rants, name calling and smart alec remarks. Monsoon, I have to agree with you. I had the PSS A340 and it never really worked well on my system. FPS were well down and I could never get the thing to land properly either. It was a pity because I had the A320 on FS2002 and that worked flawlessly - I got a lot of fun out of it. I too would love to know what happened to the PSS Airbuses in FS9 - a lot of people reported a lot of problems, but then again some have been OK. Who knows? But for me, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter too much. The A340 became a hangar queen, while I had fun with the PMDG 737NG and recently the wonderful LDS 767. The new PMDG 747 is on the horizon - now you know that will be stunning - and PSS themselves are redoing the B777, which I hope will be just as good..I know this post doesn't really answer your question, but it's just that I think you're going to have to accept the situation and move on.I've just read the interview with Lou Betti in PC Pilot magazine and he said that if we want complex FS addons to remain as keenly priced as they are then we've got to buy more of them - so buy another aircraft to cheer yourself up!RegardsIan

simple. Every single thread mentioning the name PSS gets turned into a PSS bashing fest by a few people (and always the same).If that didn't happen, such threads wouldn't be killed.Bad performance can happen to anyone with any product. There seems to be little to predict it.And of course there's the subjective factor of what you consider to be bad performance.I've seen people who think that everything under a hundred fps is bad performance... Personally I consider fps to be a useless measure as it doesn't take fluidity into account. I've had fluid performance at 10 fps yet another addon (or the same but under different conditions) might give me stuttering at 100 fps.Which would you prefer?Apart from the obvious: check your drivers, programs running in the background, FS settings, there's little anyone can do.I've never seen anything but acceptable performance from the product myself, the few scenarios it was slow or stuttering I experience the same behaviour in similarly complex products from other manufacturers so I can reliably exclude the product itself as the cause of those problems but rather find the common factor to be a specific scenery area (for example).

OK, amongst others I have in my hanger PSS A330PMDG B737 600/700LDS 767Comparison of performance (FPS wise) amongst those 3:2D mode:1. PSS A330 and LDS 767, equally good performancerunner up: PMDG performance a little worse compared to the 2 othersVC mode1. PSS A330. By far the best performer in VC mode. Can do the whole flight in VC mode, even taxiing at high detailed airports (like EGGL, EHAM) with 75 % traffic (UT)2. PMDG and LDS, on my system only flyable once airborne and/or at areas/airports with low density. And this is although the VC of the PMDG 737 600/700 is not fully clickableTo make clear, before any fan group starts flaming and bashing, I love ALL of these 3 planes.My sys specs:P4 2.4 Mhz512 DDR SDRATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MBWin XP Pro, SP2Wolfgang

Guest Ken_Salter

I locked it. The only reason was the personal attacks that were starting to appear. Frankly I'm pretty tired of it. I've been fairly lax on this, but since it is still happening, I'm going to tighten up. I hate having to lock threadds, but I also hate seeing personal attacks in the posts on OUR forums.

HiIf the prob is a pulse or pause every few sec in the VC or external view then have a look first in the fs9.cfg(in the panels section) forVIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURES_SCALE=2.0 remove it or comment it out (this will cause all aircraft to show the symtoms if only a few do Check the panel.cfg of the problem aircrafts Vcockpit sections at the pixel_size entryif its pixel_size=1024,1024 or higher change it to pixel_size=512,512 the gauges will be slightly less clear but the pause will stop.Not sure why some systems have this probs and some dont Hope this helpsWozza

Guest monsoon

>so buy another aircraft to cheer yourself up!>>Regards>Ian> >> Hey Ian. I ahve them ALL or just about! lol

A number of reasons:1) Almost every PSS thread degenerates quickly.2) Why not ask the question on the PSS forum?3) The issue you raise has been raised a million times. Use the search function for answers. ricardo