Sign in to follow this  
CamSS

PMDG 737 NGX - Can I save midflight?

Hi all,

I was flying the tutorial 1 flight for the PMDG 737 NGX and saved the flight before the TOC.  When I loaded the flight later to continue the plane went back into the initialization procedure (20 second countdown in green bar at top of screen).  All my settings and FMC had been reset...

Does this mean that all flights the this 737 have to be completed in one setting or did I miss something completely?

Thanks,

Sultan Sultan

Does this mean that all flights the this 737 have to be completed in one setting or did I miss something completely?

When you save the flight using the default FSX save feature, the plane will save with all of the necessary information - BUT - you must be running the simulator as an administrator for the files to be saved properly.  Otherwise, the sim deletes some of the files as soon as the simulator closes.

If you are unfamiliar with running programs as an administrator, search google for "run as administrator."

Kyle Rodgers

When you save the flight using the default FSX save feature, the plane will save with all of the necessary information - BUT - you must be running the simulator as an administrator for the files to be saved properly.  Otherwise, the sim deletes some of the files as soon as the simulator closes.

If you are unfamiliar with running programs as an administrator, search google for "run as administrator."

Thanks, I will try this and update.

Sultan Sultan

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried but I use a fps limiter.  When I try to run FSX from the limiter and it is set to run as administrator then it does not launch.  Do you know a workaround?  Sorry I'm relatively new to this.

Thanks,

Sultan Sultan

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried but I use a fps limiter.  When I try to run FSX from the limiter and it is set to run as administrator then it does not launch.  Do you know a workaround?  Sorry I'm relatively new to this.

Nope.  Do you have an nVidia card?  If so, just use their internal limiter.

No admin, no admin rights to the folders, which is required for certain things like saving files that persist between uses of the program (i.e. files that aren't deleted when the program closes).

Another option would be to install FSX outside of the C:\Program Files\ folder structure, but that's a lot of work.

Kyle Rodgers

Nope.  Do you have an nVidia card?  If so, just use their internal limiter.

No admin, no admin rights to the folders, which is required for certain things like saving files that persist between uses of the program (i.e. files that aren't deleted when the program closes).

Another option would be to install FSX outside of the C:\Program Files\ folder structure, but that's a lot of work.

Thanks,

I have installed it to a separate folder and haven't tried to save the flight yet.  I will try now. Thanks

Sultan Sultan

PS I have an ATI Radeon HD 5950.