Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Question about FSX simconnect

I had some problems with certain software with P3D and it turned out I needed some simconnect files from FSX to get this working.

Because I wasnt sure which installation would install which componants, I just installed the whole FSX+Acc and SDK, to make sure I would have all simconnect componants.

But now I'm wondering if it would have been a necassity to install a complete FSX, or if the SDK's would have been enough.

Could someone please tell me if installing the SDKs would be enough to install all Simconnect componants, or do I need the whole FSX+Acc install to get all Simconnect componants installed?

Cheers!

Maarten

Is this of any help? Not used it myself but had skimmed through the tutorial when trying to understand SimConnect concepts. IIRC (and I repeat, I have NOT done this) there are separate server and client installs required to get this working.

Z

It helped enough to give me the right hint on where to look. Thanks, mate! :)

Cheers!

Maarten

You're very welcome - and ahead of me. I'll come to you for help when I catch up!!

Z