Sign in to follow this  
GaryRiley

737-800 Cockpit View Freezing

I'm trying to get my self familiar with this plane, I have had this plane install for mouths and have not used it. So I decide today to start flying it but for some reason it freezes. Not the hold thing I can still flip switches and press buttons but I cant move the view. If I click on virtual cockpit it will go to that screen but I am not about to move around the cockpit. If I exit out FSX and open back up the software the view will work again and then stop again after about 10-15 min. I'm I doing something wrong? Has anyone experience this?

Thanks

Do you mean that the view freezes in the virtual cockpit and won't let you pan around? Or do you mean that when you're in the 2D panel mode, it won't let you go to the side views?

Hello!

Have you installed the latest SP1c update?

I've also got the freezing issue quite occasionally with SP1c installed. At the very beginning I would normally shut down the FS and then restart it again.

Nevertheless, I've discovered later that whenever the 737NGX freezes, simple left it on for a while (mostly within 10min), everything would go normal again.

I have no idea about this but at least I could continue my flight everytime since then.

Hope this helps.

Do you mean that the view freezes in the virtual cockpit and won't let you pan around? Or do you mean that when you're in the 2D panel mode, it won't let you go to the side views?

Correct Im not able to pan around, Everything still works Im able to turn on switch just cant pan

Hello!

Have you installed the latest SP1c update?

I've also got the freezing issue quite occasionally with SP1c installed. At the very beginning I would normally shut down the FS and then restart it again.

Nevertheless, I've discovered later that whenever the 737NGX freezes, simple left it on for a while (mostly within 10min), everything would go normal again.

I have no idea about this but at least I could continue my flight everytime since then.

Hope this helps.

Computer is up to date, but I will double check

Correct Im not able to pan around, Everything still works Im able to turn on switch just cant pan

As Alex L asked. Is this happening un the virtual cockpit or the 2D cockpit. To be of any help, we need to know.

As Alex L asked. Is this happening un the virtual cockpit or the 2D cockpit. To be of any help, we need to know.

Yes its in the 3D cocpit virtual cockpit mode.

One suggestion is to try pressing the "Eyepoint (reset)" key (I forget which one it is because I have it mapped to my X52 joystick) which should reset the VC view.

One suggestion is to try pressing the "Eyepoint (reset)" key (I forget which one it is because I have it mapped to my X52 joystick) which should reset the VC view.

OK I'll to source which key that is. Thanks

OK I'll to source which key that is. Thanks

The Eyepoint Reset is Ctrl + Space.

The Eyepoint Reset is Ctrl + Space.

Tried the eyepoint reset with no luck same problem. I also reinstalled the SP1c updated no change. I also notice that I lose key boad key. If I try to type on the FMC noting happens

Ok a little update: PMDG has tried there best but problem has not been solved. Nothing worked.....I have uninstall the software and reinstall still same problem. The one thing that I find interesting is that everything works on the plane. I took a flight from KATL circle around and land no problem, the moment I pull up the FMC and try to enter the RTE screen it freezes. As long as I dont touch the FMC that pan view works no problem.

Anyone has any other ideas? I lost at this point.