Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

Dreamfleet A36 gauge replacement ideas

Guest danowat

Hi All,I have removed the RXP GNS430, due to the fact that it kills my FPS on my system, now I have a black hole where it used to be, anyone got any suggestions of a freeware GPS gauge that I could place there?CheersDan.

I'd simply suggest waiting for the update that should fix that problem. Very few of the total user's are experiencing it, but a fix has been made and tested and will be made available in the very near future. I'd suggest checking the Dreamfleet GA Support Forum for more info.

Dan, I'd really suggest you look for ways to get the RXP GNS 430 to work better on your system.. it is a fabulous piece of gear and has NO noticeable fps impact on my system which is less powerful than yours if I recall your post at the RXP forum. Also, a Dreamfleet update is due out in 24 hrs according to the forum..

Bert

Guest danowat

Tried to get it to work, and failed, the previous versions were fine, but both me and RXP cannot get it to work properly, I know that I am not the only one who has the problem, but what is causing it is beyond me.Without the 430 the A36 is a very nice plane, 40fps, but with it the performance sucks, around 10-15fps, I would rather lose the 430 than fly around with 10-15fps.Dan.

Well, lets keep our fingers crossed for the update, then.On my lowly P4-2.8 this combo merrily hums along at 30 fps...

Bert

Guest danowat

Mike,Drop me a mail, or MSN me, and I will chuck you the panel.cfg file.danowat32@hotmail.comDan.

Guest davidvoogd

I'm thinking of making a retro panel for the A36, at least for myself with the Cardinal radios, If Dreamfleet allows it I may upload it for distribution (just the panel.cfg of course).I'll probably grab that HSI the one guy made for it too.

Guest DreamFleet

As a test, I removed the 430 from my panel, and saw no difference in performance.As to the panel mods, feel free to do what you wish, and since the panel.cfg cannot be copyrighted by us, feel free to distribute it, and only it (no bitmaps) without our permission- we're happy to see the mods. :-)Otherwise, and checking around the net, and looking at photos, most folks who can afford an A36 can afford the latest avionics, and this is well represented in Julie's A36.I even saw an A36 with a Bendix-King EFIS 40 system in it.Heck, I even have a brand new panel in my Dakota with a GNS430, Strike Finder, etc. Okay, I do not have a Sandel, but that IS being worked on! ;-)When you get into the high end singles, the retro avionics often go rather quickly, and folks take advantage of the latest technology.Always rememember that lease back / rental aircraft do not represent the entire fleet.In fact, here's a Piper Arrow you might want to have a look at:http://www.4979s.com/http://www.4979s.com/pics/panel/image007.jpgRegards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest danowat

Hi,Well, I sent the cfg file out to 2 people would be interested to hear if it helped.Still kills my system if I have the GNS working :(Dan.

I Installed the A36, and all exciting started up FS9 and selected it, during the loading I got a message saying 'insufficient resources' and then the blue screen of death.This is a fast machine 3400+/Nvidia 5900/1.5Gb ram, runs everything else just fine.I thought, oh well, cosmic rays or something, rebooted and tried again. Same thing.I've had problems with the XP gauges doing odd things before, was wondering if that might be it, but hadn't tried removing the 430, in fact thought I'd just ask for a refund.I'm running Win2000/SP4.* Orest-~~~~~~~~~Orest Skrypuchwww.united-virtual.comUAL1445 Staff ORDFO

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Hi Lou,Man, that is one sweet Arrow. Did you notice the scimitar three blade prop? I also have heard that while the Sandel SN3308 is no longer in production a SN3500 is planned for release soon (real aircraft, not sims ;) ).Regards,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest DrBob

I have been using the A36 as my test airplane to tweak my Fs2004 install for fluidity and experimenting with water textures ... there are so many to choose from! The A36 is rock solid stable and runs great on ym antiquated system that is so old I do not even remember whats in it exactly! However there is a right way to initially select the plane the first time you load it in the sim. Did you follow the procedure in the documentation when you first loaded the plane? I can assure you that if this baby doesn't load on your system, it is your system and not the software at fault. Bob S Reno, NV

Guest JeanLuc_

"I'm running Win2000/SP4."I'm sure the A36 system requirement listed at the DreamFleet website, mention: For Windows XP ONLY...No wonder you get a blue screen of death...Hope this helps!

Well, that's possible, but as you know XP is just a bloated and dumbed-down Win2000.* Orest-~~~~~~~~~Orest Skrypuchwww.united-virtual.comUAL1445 Staff ORDFO

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com