Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

Dreamfleet A36 gauge replacement ideas

While flyable on my mid level rig, (AMD 3200XP, 1 gig XLS GEil 3500, ATI 9800pro, all maxed, locked at 32, XP pro) I do get the most hit in the VC, which is the only way I fly and thought it might be due to the reality equipment as I get a realityXP error on close of FS every time (only realityXP I have). Thanks to Dan for the file, I tested it out and while it did help a bit, was not significant enough to make that much of a difference (about 4 FPS drop).I found that coverting textures to DXT format helped more and even resizing a few of the interior ones as well. Since I only fly VFR, I have my "environment" set up the way I like it and will alter the aircraft to get better performance before I alter the world.Not knocking the aircraft at all, for all it's detail and features, it runs very smooth and is my default fixed wing (next to the aerosoft Beaver and then the King Air B200) Looking forward to the float version!Thanks again Dan!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest av84fun

<>No it's not. It may be a lot of things but not that.Rgards,Jim

>Well, that's possible, but as you know XP is just a bloated>and dumbed-down Win2000.That is certainly not true. WinXP offers a lot of entirely new features that aren't even dreamed of in WIN2k. For example, there is no native support for GDI+ vector drawing in WIN2K, which explains your BSOD when trying to load gauges that make use of GDI+...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest danowat

Bob,I can assure you my system is in no way "faulty", it is down to the impementation of the virtual DOS environment that for whatever reason is not compatible with something in my system.I am not alone in my problem, as I have been in contact with a few people that are having the exact same issue.Nevermind, the A36 runs like a dream without the GNS430Dan.

Dan,Have you looked at the Simflyer G4? http://www.simflyer.net/shop/I don't have it but it might be suitable? I think it just uses the MS GPS functions in new clothing, but I could be mistaken.

Graeme Butler

Guest DrBob

Dan,I should have been more clear in my post which was directed toward the person trying to run the software on a Windows 2000 machine. I have no doubt that for whatever reason the Garmin is not working out for you. There is surely a reason to be found however. Have you tried running the Garmin trainer program without FS2004 running? then check to see how your system is working by establishing some impromptu benchmarking test by opening a few applications for example. Maybe there is something in your graphics settings in the sim that is interefering with a setting in the video card settings in the control panel. Have you run a dxdiag?AGP aperture?Tried a PCI latency tool to set latency for the video card to 32?run defrag? I read in another forum that Reality XP have had a total of two people report problems with the Garmin GPS unit. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314106 links to a page on troubleshooting the virtual DOS environment in Windows XP. Perhaps this could help you out. Bob S Reno, NV

>>Well, that's possible, but as you know XP is just a bloated>>and dumbed-down Win2000.>>That is certainly not true. WinXP offers a lot of>entirely new features that aren't even dreamed of in>WIN2k. For example, there is no native support for>GDI+ vector drawing in WIN2K, which explains your BSOD when>trying to load gauges that make use of GDI+...Bill,No doubt it is some little thing, but GDI is not it. I've installed the GDI+ dll and both the PMDG and LDS run very well. The A36 is the only add-on I have not been able to get running -- so far, and I have a bunch.* Orest-~~~~~~~~~Orest Skrypuchwww.united-virtual.comUAL1445 Staff ORDFO

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com