Sign in to follow this  
burm

MCDash8 vc Panel

I am using dx10 fixer with no other shader files.

The main panel in my mcdashQ400 seems to appear blue rather than grey which it is supposed to be.

I have tried adjusting my brightness and contrast for my monitor but it still looks blue.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks

Paul

thanks for your response

I first uninstalled the libraries still the same.

I then changed to dx9 and still the cockpit looks blue rather than gray.

Actually with dx10 it looks closer to the gray.

I uninstalled the dash8 and reinstalled .

Any other things I might try?

Paul

If it's a similar colour when using DX9, and you still think it's wrong - it won't be a DX10 issue, but it then it can only be one of two - perhaps 3 - things: 1). the monitor - or Windows colour - is now out of calibration. Monitors will change as they age, and it's rarely noticed. 2). The texture colour for the 2 & 3D cockpit is wrong from the developer, or 3). your own eyesight has changed.

This happened to me after purchasing an ASUS 27" 2560 x a440 monitor, and found that its very nice blue was a real change from my FSX TripleHead2Go  (3 x 19" x 1280 x 1024 = 3840 x 1024) - they had a strong greenish hue! It took several hours of fiddling to get them back to match the default colour of the new monitor.

Personally - if it's closer to the grey that you expect - then leave it as is, as you can tie up days - maybe weeks of time trying to fix what you perceive is the wrong colour - and get nowhere!

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

The main panel in my mcdashQ400 seems to appear blue rather than grey which it is supposed to be.

I have tried adjusting my brightness and contrast for my monitor but it still looks blue.

Paul, could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing? Failing that, I recently stuck quite a few screenshots of the VC (FSX DX9) in this post. I think the colour is bluish-grey (and quite consistent) across the VC. How does this compare with what you're seeing?

Paul J makes a very good point that colour perception is subjective. This image makes that very clear: both squares A and B being the same shade of grey although your brain tells you otherwise!

Grey_square_optical_illusion.PNG?dl=0

Cheers,

Nick

Nick M - A2A Simulations