Sign in to follow this  
baldk9

PC-12 Problems

I've changed it so that you can select and arm the altitude with just FD on.. when you turn on the AP, the settings remain, which is the way I am used to seeing it.

Bert I send you an email this weekend - I would love this fix as I agree it needs it.

Let me know if you would like to test my first mods, sometime.. in return, I expect some feedback  ^_^

Sure thing.  On away from my sim computer on travel for the next several days, but certainly would be happy to take a look.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Bert has modified the AP so that preselection can happen with just the flight director on, but also that IAS mode can now be engaged, while 'Alt Arm' is also first engaged ......... so in other words the aircraft will now level off at hte preselected altitude, even when IAS mode is used to climbs.

For more info, see this thread;-   http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452042-carenado-pc-12-released/?p=3083887

What would the customer base do without the dedicated individuals around the Net? Thumbs up to you guys. :smile:

Is it just me?, or do the rudder pedals respond incorrectly in VC view?. when pressing left rudder in VC mode, the right rudder moves with applied input instead of left? and vice versa...

Is it just me?, or do the rudder pedals respond incorrectly in VC view?. when pressing left rudder in VC mode, the right rudder moves with applied input instead of left? and vice versa...

You are correct - it is a bug..

Bert

Is there anyone else, having problems with the sounds in external view with headset?

Hi Guys, great work on solving many issues. I have sent Bert a message and he will back on the 26th. I also have a question about the PC12 NAV mode. I use the PC12 530 and have tried the gtn650 in popup mode only. Every time I press the nav button to have the aircraft follow a flight plan or a "direct to" it just turns right sharply and won't follow the flight plan. The heading mode works fine. I have thousands of hours commercial flying and similar flight sim time and this one has stumped me.

Has anyone else experienced this or am I missing something simple with the PC12 ap logic?

Cheers

Drew

Hi Auto, I don't have any mods for the pc 12 yet. If you meant have I used it without add on software, yes it's the same.

Try inputting a Direct To waypoint in the GNS530 and see if it follows the flight plan in GPS mode (left most button on the Gps, check that your EHSI says GPS on the left) then track it using the autopilot in NAV mode.

Then try the same, but instead of using direct to, try loading a flight plan that was saved using the flight planner.

Auto, I have done all that and yet it still decides to not follow the track which I'm thinking is a bug and I'm going to reinstall.

Just reinstalled the pc 12 and took off from Townsville for a direct flight to cairns "half hour away". I punched in direct to on the default 530 got airborne then ap on, then heading hold on all good. Then I checked as normal I was in gps mode for the his then hit NAV, the aircraft just turned right and tracked north away from the direct to track. I'm thinking of going back to the tbm 850 :(

Are you using the top GPS? NAV1?

Try resetting your default flight.

Try using Carenado's ready to taxi option.

Try using Bert's mods or my mods.

Very strange but it doesn't seem to be picking up the default navigation for some reason... What does it say for the distance?