Sign in to follow this  
troybilt

FOLKS I think Carenado has risen to a new level

I have every Carenado aircraft, fs2004 and all but maybe 3 of fsx.  Bought the Seneca a little while back with to be honest at first disappointmented. BUT THIS...have had it 30 minutes, have not even flown it..it has numerous 2d pop-ups that will completely surprise you.  I am getting 30fps and that is a very good sign. I installed the RXPGNS530 from THERE setup available in the aircraft file. Under Carenado in fsx there is plenty of documentation. BUT THE GRAPHICS ARE UNREAL..FAR BETTER THEN ANYTHING THEY HAVE DONE. I OWN ALL the A2a products, All of Captain sim products, Aerosoft Twin otter, All Alabeo products and this is VERY Very impressive. NOT worried about the list of fixits to come. I am a VERY meticulous artist, THIS ONE SHOWS A LOT OF LOVE, ATTENTION AND CARE.......

Thanks Guys.....Thanks so much          Keith

Intel I5 processor, Nvidia GTX 645OEM, 16GB ram, Ch yoke, CH Throttle, CH Pedals, Saitek TPM, Elite Avionics, and all the best fsx goodies.

Well, the big question I have is how much does the autopilot work.  In particular, IAS mode.  There are other concerns but that would be the show stopper on this airplane.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Seems some simply judge on aesthetics and not function. I too am more interested in the system functionality and flight dynamics.

Well, the big question I have is how much does the autopilot work.  In particular, IAS mode.  There are other concerns but that would be the show stopper on this airplane.

The PC-12 doesn't have an IAS hold mode if I am not mistaken.

p.s being positive on this one. Took a 1 hour flight with an ILS landing AP seems to be functioning fine EXCEPT the altitude set wasn't working....my wireless mouse wheel needed a spec of oil.. fixed it...

Started Chemo with a uncurable cancer at the VA last week and almost bit the dust. SOOOO.....started this with a positive light..   Easy to get tired of being a non volunteer beta tester....gracious   keith

one more thing the backup altimeter is in 100, 1000, 10,000's was a little perplexed for a while

Tell me more about the autopilot.  How do the other buttons work?  IAS mode? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I was having so much trouble with my mouse wheel that I was beginning to think I was experiencing a flaw. A spec of WD-40 proved that somewhat wrong, but it was a busy 1 hour flight testing the AP the whole time.  Do not have the IAS airspeed concept completely understood in that it is with pitch that speed is adjusted. What happens in straight and level, etcc..... on and on.. NOT SURE. YET. but it seems,,,SEEMS to work flawlessly to me so far.  As I thought truly by first impressions that if I was Carenado and missed so much on the Seneca with so many customers THIS being the issue..( ARE YOU GOING TO START PUMPING THESE OUT AND WE ARE THE BETA TESTERS ) ???   that I could see right away ( doing this for over 20 yrs ) that it was a labor of Love..SOUNDS wow!! it is a FULL and functional plane. So much to it. and little things, window shades shut like captain sim..DOOR MANAGER WORKS!!!  Now only Pilatus Real pilots are going to catch engine parimeters etc..

Keith

The PC-12 doesn't have an IAS hold mode if I am not mistaken.

It definitely does.  (all models).    I have flown on PC-12s of all ages in ID for a week.  

All have IAS mode  (as in, they will adjust pitch to maintain the speed, for a given power level).

Carenado have never provided IAS mode (sometimes they comically use the autothrottle IAS mode, as they did in their SR22!!), so I wouldn't expect it to be working in this plane.

Carenado have never provided IAS mode (sometimes they comically use the autothrottle IAS mode, as they did in their SR22!!), so I wouldn't expect it to be working in this plane.

Ugh...they should just use elevator trim. 

Gregg Seipp

NOT USING the IAS but everything else. IFR flight real time, real weather Kapv to KSBA Santa Barbara. 16,0000 ele. Landing conditions 1/4 mile fog 200 ft ceiling.  Excellent landing. SOOOoo all the autopilot works quite well. I did not use the IAS yet as it would be my last test.. total 2 hours flying time. Tested the IAS 10min after buying that night, seemed functional but not enough time yet.

With EZ dok camera and all the other goodies it was a VERY good experience. This is going to get some hours for sure.  It is not agitating or, well its ok I will eventually use it, no this one is fun!!

keith

I've just seen a report on another forum that the IAS mode on the Carenado PC-12's autopilot here, is (once again) wrongly using the FSX Autothrottle.

There's no autothrottle on a PC-12   :P

So best just to use VS for climbing and descending........ not at all realistic for climbing, but better than activating an imaginary authothrottle to manage speed in the climb/descent.

the phenom was the last carenado product i purchased, and i am free of thier spells with aweome looking models and plane choices, only to be riddled with sloppy coding and the need for service packs with every project they do.

I've just seen a report on another forum that the IAS mode on the Carenado PC-12's autopilot here, is (once again) wrongly using the FSX Autothrottle.

There's no autothrottle on a PC-12   :P

So best just to use VS for climbing and descending........ not at all realistic for climbing, but better than activating an imaginary authothrottle to manage speed in the climb/descent.

Just to update that having bought the plane now, the IAS is properly functional.   It does not use the FSX Autothrottle (as the SR22 did), it correctly adjusts pitch to maintain aircraft speed.  There is one issue with it;  when IAS is engaged, the aircraft always moves to a vertical speed of 500 FPM, before it will correctly adjust pitch to maintain the airspeed when the IAS button was pressed.    Shame about this "going to 500 FPM first" bug as, other than this, the IAS mode is very effective at adjusting pitch to maintain speed.            Good job Carenado.