Sign in to follow this  
Tushka

Bad news... robot pilot built!

I think you need to get a reality check..  No robots are taking your flying job :/  most if not all of us here will be long gone  & pushing daises before commercial airlines are running automated aircraft.  Think you need to slow down mate, the first automated car hasn't even gone on sale yet. 

And of course it is about safety..  Safety and reducing costs is and always will be the primary goal.

i do not think you know how close we are. i say within 20-30 years most jobs will be taken by robots

I think you need to get a reality check..  No robots are taking your flying job :/  most if not all of us here will be long gone  & pushing daises before commercial airlines are running automated aircraft.  Think you need to slow down mate, the first automated car hasn't even gone on sale yet.

40 years ago computers were the size of small houses now I'm typing this message on one that's smaller than a human hand(smart phone) I'm only 24 so I do have some worries as in another 40 years I'll be approaching my retirement date unless they raise the age limit again.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

40 years ago computers were the size of small houses now I'm typing this message on one that's smaller than a human hand(smart phone) I'm only 24 so I do have some worries as in another 40 years I'll be approaching my retirement date unless they raise the age limit again.

So with the logic of some here cars should still be handmade... let's all go back to type writers and filling cabinets..  You either move with the times or you get left behind, that's life. No one is going to wait for you

Rob Prest

So with the logic of some here cars should still be handmade... let's all go back to type writers and filling cabinets..  You either move with the times or you get left behind, that's life. No one is going to wait for you

I'm not saying that but we need to stop getting rid of jobs as the world population is exploding but the global job market is getting smaller. If we don't have jobs how are we going to buy stuff. Not all of us are cut out to be programmers.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

The amish people stay, although I do not think their society is that healthy though.

This song was so popular when I was a wee lad.

Now it's looking like the dates were off, but the song was correct.

That is...

if these guys don't show up first.

terminator-outdated-future.jpg

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'm not a granddad, and honestly not as old as you think... It's quite the contrary.

However as for driverless subway trains there has been a lot of controversy about it and it could have a very negative effect as I have many friends who work in the Minsk metro. The reason for this is because I used to work in the stations a very long time ago and they fear they could loose their jobs if London technology arrives to Belarus.

Science is good, but at the same time it puts people out of work. My mother had two professions and technology replaced them both hence she has to go into early retirement (and pension is nothing). Sure, it's great that we have it, simulators wouldn't exist without advancing technology, but at the same time it might replace us all as capitalist companies are extremely greedy and wouldn't care until nobody has money to buy their products anymore.

Not to mention the stupid sex education, my sister when she attended  high school was talking to me all about it which are just stupid things that I fortunately never got to learn about I worked instead in a small capital contrary to her in the capital, hence I fortunately spared myself that nonsence education about sex science.

I think you share a very enlightened attitude about how more and more of society is affected by automated technology.  More people, especially older people like myself, find themselves put out to pasture in industries where they have thrived or where such work has been outsourced to cheap labor overseas (I work in software product development, so I know exacly that such happens).  Businesses want fewer people, and more profit. If fewer people are employed in what used to be well paying jobs, they are forced to work in jobs which don't even pay enough to pay for rent and food and electiricity.  There will eventually be a backlash to all of this when the scales tip back towards "underemployment", which does not get reported as widely as unemployment.   Some of us, like myself, are old enough to remember what happened to the Aerospace industry after the moon missions.  These things can happen if we forget that most important resource of all--us.

John

Just to return to the original post, what is truly of interest isn't the fact that the little 'robot' is flying a simulated aircraft, but rather that "he" is in the early stages of learning...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just to return to the original post, what is truly of interest isn't the fact that the little 'robot' is flying a simulated aircraft, but rather that "he" is in the early stages of learning...

Also any of us who have flown in real life can tell you, flying a similated aircraft does not necessarily mean one can fly the real thing.  In a real aircraft there is a lot more going on, and as I was coached time and time again--"You have used Microsoft Flight Simulator, I need you looking outside more often for engine out landing spots, and uh----traffic?"  And sure enough I did come with those bad habits of scanning the instruments too often.  I think that's why I eventually started flying trikes--instrument scan issues were solved.  With a trike, if the ground is suddenly coming closer, chances are you aren't listening to the rush of air in your ears or you don't feel it on your face, LOL.