Sign in to follow this  
skytecuk

PMDG 777 Demo?

Hi All, 

After searching, I think I know the answer to this, BUT

... does anyone know if there is a demo or beta version of PMDG 777? I don't mind if I can't even get it off the ground. 

I'm sold on it, but before i take the plunge (expensive addon!) I want to be sure it will work. My specs meet the requirements, but you know how temperamental FSX is, based on installed addons, hardware clashed, etc. 

After searching, I think I know the answer to this, BUT

If you know  the answer  they why post your question, you would have been better if you would have posted  "would my pc   run the 777 without any issues"  and since you havn't  said  what you have got  than how  can anyone advise you. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thank you for your reply.

"would my pc   run the 777 without any issues" would be an unanswerable question. 

My question is perfectly reasonable compared to that one, whereby I can install the demo and find out if it will run without issue. 

As I said in my post, I have checked the specifications but this isn't a workable way forward where FSX is concerned. 

would my pc run the 777 without any issues" would be an unanswerable question.

No one will know till you post your pc  specs,  since  there are other posts where  users have "asked will my pc  run the t7"  and they have  posted  their pc  specs  and  got answers. So cant see why you havnt unless you want  to keep it  a secret :Thinking:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Windows 8.1 Pro 

64bit

Intel Core i5 2500k

16 GB RAM

GTX550

Happy to take upgrade advice on any of the above- but I don't think my brain could take a processor upgrade...agh!

My concern was with my unique set-up; you know, how certain things clash with certain things, etc. Seems every modified FSX set up is different and reacts in different ways. 

I'm running with Orbx installed and Ultimate Traffic 2. Some airport upgrades, plus FS Passengers. 

Kind regards

Hi N,

I would like to add that, if you do take the plunge, you will find the PMDG 777 an awesome fly!

HTH,

Good luck with setting it up on your PC.

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Thank you, Richard, I appreciate that! I do want to be able to get the most out of it. I have had a lot of CTD problems recently. 

I suggest you search the forum for comments on Win8/8.1 and PMDG's position on supporting it.

DJ

I'm sold on it, but before i take the plunge (expensive addon!) I want to be sure it will work. My specs meet the requirements, but you know how temperamental FSX is, based on installed addons, hardware clashed, etc.

No there is no demo version of the addon. But you will find that this addon is very cheap compared to what it offers. On the face it seems expensive.But its very cheap for what it offers. you get two planes for 100 bucks if you go with -300 ER also.

... does anyone know if there is a demo or beta version of PMDG 777? I don't mind if I can't even get it off the ground.
They don't release Beta version for general use. They don't do trials or demos. Youtube has lots of good vdeos of it that may convince you.

I suggest you search the forum for comments on Win8/8.1 and PMDG's position on supporting it.
They will have to look at this soon as Windows 9 is just round the corner. Most new computers bought by people with no prior knowledge are loaded with 8.1 these days. I personally have no issues running my planes on 8.1, but that may not be the case for everyone. Having a laptop with 8.1 does not automatically mean you cant use the PMDG products.

N Ross

Rest assured that if I could run it before the -300ER release on a Q6600-based system with the standard CPU clock of 2.4GHz later o/c'd to 3.2GHz, you should with that i5-2500K have no issue whatsoever.

As Richard has suggested, go for it. A dream of an aircraft to fly in a sim that you will never get tired of.

I took the plunge.

...Wow. It's...just wow!

Performance was fine- about the same, if not better, than Airbus X Extended. 

However, 15 mins into a short test flight, I got 'Fatal Error' and FSX crashed. 

I'm hoping this was a one-off. 

Can i run this on my system i have a Surface pro 4 Intel core i5-6300U CPU At 2.40 GHz oc to 2.50 Ghz

And 4GB of Ram. Im planning on getting a monitor and yoke too and i want to know if it is worth my money