Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

Carenado PC-12 released

Dont think Bernt has been working on the Carenado FDE's for some time now

He was a few months back.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

He was a few months back.

He still is,   AFAIK..

I'm not biting for the Carenado PC-12 just yet...... but certainly if I desperately wanted a PC-12 and did not own the Flight 1 version, I would say the Carenado is still the one to go for at this point.      Just a shame they don't do any custom coding for things like the IAS mode, and more of the systems.

The autopilot actually has a lot of custom coding - maybe too much, since it does not all work the way I would expect it to..

I opened up some of the code - and trust me, they did a lot of work!

With some minor changes, I've now managed to get the altitude pre-selector to arm the altitude in FD mode, and I am beginning to appreciate this airplane!  With some fixing and tuning, it could be very nice!

Bert

I have asked Carenado for permission.. lets see what they say.

This is still pretty early  ^_^

Bert

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "PC12 FSX/P3D". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

The autopilot actually has a lot of custom coding - maybe too much, since it does not all work the way I would expect it to..

I opened up some of the code - and trust me, they did a lot of work!

Prefacing this with saying I doubt it will be fixed in this aircraft...not much hope there...but I'm *glad* they're at least making an effort so that, in the future, I might be able to buy some of these more advanced planes from them.  But, I do hope they're not trying to use an autothrottle in these planes for IAS.  Elevator trim. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I have asked Carenado for permission.. lets see what they say.

This is still pretty early  ^_^

I hope Carenado says Yes, your Mods always make a good plane a Great Plane. 

Prefacing this with saying I doubt it will be fixed in this aircraft...not much hope there...but I'm *glad* they're at least making an effort so that, in the future, I might be able to buy some of these more advanced planes from them.  But, I do hope they're not trying to use an autothrottle in these planes for IAS.  Elevator trim. 

As best I can tell, they are changing pitch..

Bert

So they're not using throttle?  .......maybe there is hope after all......

I would *dislike* seeing the Hawker without IAS.

Gregg Seipp

There are many other reports (including two from RW PC-12 pilots) that the IAS mode is not operating by adjusting pitch.

You may be able to check this by activating their IAS mode in the PC-12 and then seeing if the Power Lever animation moves, when you move your throttle axis.

(If they're fudging it by using the A/T as they did in the SR22, the Power Level will not move when you move your throttle axis with IAS engaged).

Could you test that and report back?

There are many other reports (including two from RW PC-12 pilots) that the IAS mode is not operating by adjusting pitch.

You may be able to check this by activating their IAS mode in the PC-12 and then seeing if the Power Lever animation moves, when you move your throttle axis.

(If they're fudging it by using the A/T as they did in the SR22, the Power Level will not move when you move your throttle axis with IAS engaged).

Could you test that and report back?

Checked it - it moves.. ^_^

Bert

IAS...that'd be a fun bug to fix!

Gregg Seipp

Checked it - it moves.. ^_^

Interesting.   So it does appear that the IAS mode is holding pitch to maintain a forward airspeed? ..... can you see the vertical speed shown on the VSI changing while this happens Bert?

If this does work, I'm very surprised because Carenado have not even listed it as a feature (custom or otherwise) on the PC-12's sales spec.

Oops, misunderstood, initially.   So bert is confirming that the throttle can be seen moving (by the default FSX autothrottle).

The usual Carenado 'autothrottle fudge' for IAS then....  ^_^

I wonder if perhaps Carenado just don't understand what IAS mode is on an autopilot, and how it is nothing to do with an autothrottle speed hold system.

o it does appear that the IAS mode is holding pitch to maintain a forward airspeed?

From what he's saying, it appears that it's adjusting throttle to get climb. 

Gregg Seipp

From what he's saying, it appears that it's adjusting throttle to get climb. 

Oh, I see   :lol:             

So the throttle is (wrongly) moving itself (under A/T control).... I thought Bert meant he was able to move it freely.

So as suspected, the usual Carenado IAS 'autothrottle' fudge   :unsure:  :blink: