Sign in to follow this  
virginblue737

Track IR 5 Help!

Hey guys, 

So i recieved Track IR 5 today, im using the clip that goes on my hat instead of the clip that goes on the headphone... Although i am having a little bit of trouble...

It seems really good, but when i go to move my head to the left or right when it gets to a certain part it kind of just pauses and freezes, then resets itself back to the centre.. Why is it doing this?

Does anyone have a profile i can use for the FSX aircraft like the NGX ect

Edit - I noticed when it freezes the 2 yellow lights on top of my monitor one of them disapears

Hello

When the light goes out it means that you have moved your head too far and the IR sensor can no longer see all three of the points. Try to limit your head movement so that doesn't happen. If you can't get full range of motion in the sim then you need to adjust the speed setting. That is the top setting out of two on the main page of the TIR programme. The one underneath is smoothness I think.

I have the speed on mine adjusted to 1.7 and that gives me more than enough movement in the sim for only a small amount of head movement. I think I have smoothness set at 30. But play around with those settings until you find something that works for you.

I haven't adjusted any other setting and that all seems to work for me, but there are curves that you can manipulate too  if you want to, but that all seems to complicated for me!

Good luck with getting it set up the way you want it. By the way, it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you've had it a few days you'll wonder how you ever managed without it.

Cheers

Stu.

Stuart Furley

Hello

When the light goes out it means that you have moved your head too far and the IR sensor can no longer see all three of the points. Try to limit your head movement so that doesn't happen. If you can't get full range of motion in the sim then you need to adjust the speed setting. That is the top setting out of two on the main page of the TIR programme. The one underneath is smoothness I think.

I have the speed on mine adjusted to 1.7 and that gives me more than enough movement in the sim for only a small amount of head movement. I think I have smoothness set at 30. But play around with those settings until you find something that works for you.

I haven't adjusted any other setting and that all seems to work for me, but there are curves that you can manipulate too  if you want to, but that all seems to complicated for me!

Good luck with getting it set up the way you want it. By the way, it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you've had it a few days you'll wonder how you ever managed without it.

Cheers

Stu.

Stu, 

You are a genious :) Problem solved with the speed, thank you so much my friend 

You say things are freezing up...that used to happen to me as well, and it's quite annoying! Sometimes there can be light behind you that can be interfering with the IR of the camera...to combat that, you can eliminate the offending light source, by going to "display mode: camera" to see what exactly the camera is picking up. From the hat clip, it should be three green dots a little bit smaller than a dime. If you see big blobs, then there is other light effecting the camera. To fix that, go into advanced settings for your profile, and increase IR brightness..the light the camera is beaming at your head and also increase the light filter threshold, the sensitivity of the camera to light ...until the problem goes away. Save those settings into your profile.

trackir_zps399d0813.png

You're welcome, hope you enjoy it!

Good tips on the light interference gtrbarbarian, I have to keep the curtains closed if flying in the daytime.

Stuart Furley

At the top left of main window you can change display. Select "camera view" or something like that to see raw image from camera. This will help you adjust light filter threshold. If you see red color blinking - this means that TIR have problems with processing image.

From my experience - i need to adjust this everytime before I sit down and use TIR. This is because light conditions changes.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1