Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I don't get it...perhaps slow this morning...

I'm presently in an absolutely stutter and/or pause-free flight today from KFNT to CYTZ.  I'm at the mid-way point in the flight plan.

I just don't get it...  I really don't....

Why....WHY...won't ORBX and REX Studios and ASN, NOT get out their products, for this platform.  

It runs STUTTER-FREE....and I know..if I could get the ORBX Global textures, and the REX4 Direct textures applied to this sim....well...it would be a 'no-brainer' as to what sim would be fired up first, or perhaps...ONLY for the round of F S'ing.  

Can anybody who enjoys XPX.30...can you imagine having all the best graphics that FSX/P3D has to offer with the above mentioned developers...and apply it to the XPX.30 engine?

Drool....

Like I said, and yeah...the force-of-economics, blah, blah.....more blah, blah.....well, the 'force of economics'  in a niche market, would dictate that if I were ORBX, or REX, or behind ASN......I would see that the FSX and P3D market is pretty mature...mostly already gleaned....and XPX..would be the new frontier...in that users, could not port over..and would require expenditure once more...and the resulting cash-flow to the above mentioned.  I just don't get it, ORBX...REX....ASN.......WTH?!?   

To those, whose products are mentioned below this sentence....your present FSX/P3D based offerings that could/should be installed within the XP franchise...that is already 64 bit-wide....WTH??!??!  C'mon....... I'd pay once more for:

ORBX GLobal

Vector

REX4 Direct (for XPX.(x). and beyond

ASN weather generator, or equivalent features sets...

I would lay down the coin...and pay the above in a New York Minute.  Uh...er...ORBX...REX, ASN...uh..er....REX , ASN, ORBX.....you know?   New cash flow....huh?..... C'mon   STOP IGNORING X-Plane...and get your as*es in gear!   I want your products in XPX.(x).  I need your products in XPX.(x)...and I will pay once more to have those products available  FOR XPX.(x)!!!!!!!!!   Move on it....I'm losing patience....and GAWD...I love this sim!:

Sesquashtoo

I feel your pain Mitch, although my use of XPX is now rather limited...

Minimum photoscenery, to see some buildings at the detailed airports ( just a couple right now... ), with Aerowinx PSX driving the simulation and injecting the weather through the XView plugin. Problems arise when there is nasty weather around :-(

The moment XPX starts to render those clouds, stutters begin, and the only way I could make it still flyable ( when I want to handfly my PSX approach ) was by setting the scenery sliders to the extreme left limit :-/

I also used SkyMaxx Pro, and while it's better, it also stutters here and there ....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I feel your pain Mitch, although my use of XPX is now rather limited...

Minimum photoscenery, to see some buildings at the detailed airports ( just a couple right now... ), with Aerowinx PSX driving the simulation and injecting the weather through the XView plugin. Problems arise when there is nasty weather around :-(

The moment XPX starts to render those clouds, stutters begin, and the only way I could make it still flyable ( when I want to handfly my PSX approach ) was by setting the scenery sliders to the extreme left limit :-/

I also used SkyMaxx Pro, and while it's better, it also stutters here and there ....

I'm eyeing that new GTX 970 to replace my 660TI...looks like a good bang for the buck and no more problems with stuttering with clouds.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Vector is available for free as HD Mesh v2 (Soon v3), and IMO looks much better than. ORBX Global, yes, something like this is needed, but to be fair, it's amazing what you can find for free for X-Plane (Lots of it simply beats the expensive commercial alternatives).

I think we badly need seasons, a weather generator, and AI/ATC. X-Plane is really lacking in this area, and I think if X-Plane had this, we'd see developer interest grow. 

I'm eyeing that new GTX 970 to replace my 660TI...looks like a good bang for the buck and no more problems with stuttering with clouds.

I'm not getting stuttering in clouds with my GTX680-2GB/i7-975 Extreme (4.02 GHz) setup.  SkyMax Pro 2.    I'm also running the latest nVidia driver suite.  I have very decent performance, as you can always see my FPS counter mostly pegged at my locked 30...and in some instances, with heavy graphic demands..will go down to a very acceptable 23-24 FPS, but mostly banging the 29-30 FPS hits...as per ALL my displayed screen grabs.  No B.S.....just screen grabs with the FPS always displayed.....

I want XPX, to look like FSX/P3D...and then it would be heaven-in-overdrive.....

IMO the only thing is needed from this list is a weather injector , somthing like ASN.

REX? SMP2 is much better in terms of simulation , 3d dynamic clouds , feels just like... clouds! and not a beautiful 2d picture.

ORBX vector? please... WORLD2XP packs + HD MESH is way , way , and another way , much better than ORBX VECTOR.

Vector is available for free as HD Mesh v2 (Soon v3), and IMO looks much better than. ORBX Global, yes, something like this is needed, but to be fair, it's amazing what you can find for free for X-Plane (Lots of it simply beats the expensive commercial alternatives).

I think we badly need seasons, a weather generator, and AI/ATC. X-Plane is really lacking in this area, and I think if X-Plane had this, we'd see developer interest grow. 

Hi Tony...yeppers...have that installed...and NO DISSING, to all the great contributors to the XPX franchise, today, and in the past....but if I could get the 'look' of ORBX/REX4/ASN injected.....

XPX would not be what it is, without the great contributions from present commercial and free-ware/donation-ware devs...no sir!   For myself personally, I would LOVE to see the graphic output from what I have now in P3D/FSX.  Das, 'all....

P.S.   REX4 Direct is wanted, for all its texture sets...sky,airport, water, wave, etc...not just sky....

I wonder what the user base count is? 

Bob

Well I don't think you need Orbx or even Rex for  XPX. I feel it is excellent the way it is.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Here is my normal Sky Max 2 settings...and the frame shot behind it...

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/Qns

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/Qnx

I wonder what the user base count is? 

Bob

Bob..it has always been....'build the baseball diamond....and the the kiddies will come to play ball...'.   If ORBX, or any of my mentioned Dev's..did not just talk (or not... :(    ) about XPX-based releases.......but today..RELEASED their volumes for XPX.(x)....Laminar Research would be FLOODED with orders.  I know it...you know...everybody knows it.  I mean...not announce...not shoot-the-bull, and chew cud...nope.. but instead; .......'we have released blah, blah...and here is the link to purchase and download.  The rest would be history.... They just have to get off their butts.....

Mitch

It would seem to me Mitch although I do agree to the philosophy of  "build it and they will come" and the direct result of boosted sales for LR. The only thing missing here is "Why have they not built it"? They know it's there. They know how many copies were sold, or can find out. They now know or can find out how many are using it on Steam. They know whom to talk to. So is it that they are inept, or could it be they know something we don't? Maybe they are waiting for something to be put in place before they jump on the band wagon? Dunno, but they have not done it so this can come to a full 360. Lets tell them why they need to? Would this help? Maybe it will be one of the 20/20 hindsight thingies.

Bob

It would seem to me Mitch although I do agree to the philosophy of  "build it and they will come" and the direct result of boosted sales for LR. The only thing missing here is "Why have they not built it"? They know it's there. They know how many copies were sold, or can find out. They now know or can find out how many are using it on Steam. They know whom to talk to. So is it that they are inept, or could it be they know something we don't? Maybe they are waiting for something to be put in place before they jump on the band wagon? Dunno, but they have not done it so this can come to a full 360. Lets tell them why they need to? Would this help? Maybe it will be one of the 20/20 hindsight thingies.

Bob

You bet, Bob...and good points taken.  I fly all the sims put out to date.  XPX has such fabulous offerings, and qualities...and I fly it regularly.  What is missing for me personally, (and of course not all would be aligned to this...) is that I really do like how ORBX Global looks, I really love their dedicated Regional offerings...and as for for REX4 Direct, I use every aspect of that program to spruce up both FSX and P3D(x)...and would be beyond HAPPY, if those were offered for the XPX franchise.  I get fabulous performance on my present 5 year old system (with the only update in going from a GTX285, to a GTX680, two years ago) and if I could have---simply stated---what I see when I fly in P3D/FSX...hitched to the (in my view...superior embedded flight and graphic engine...of XPX.x...then I would have it all.  So...again, and of course, each to their own like/dislikes, needs, and non-needs.  but my needs, personally....is wanting the best of both worlds...what is offered for the M.S. franchise-based...ported over to Laminar Research's gem.....  Thanks for your thoughts upon the matter...

Mitch

All the airports lacking ANY buildings is a major downer for me.  I loooooove the sloping runways and it is no contest when comparing night lighting against FSX/P3D.  XPX destroys the competition in the night flying arena but it needs... NAY.. requires 3rd party support to be more than the trickle they have now.   The free stuff is good but there are many many things lacking for me personally to move to this platform.    If they ever get a highly detailed and realistic systems version of a 737-700/800NG I'll reconsider.    I wish XPX and P3D would marry and have a baby... a beautiful bounce perfect flight sim baby.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

All the airports lacking ANY buildings is a major downer for me.  I loooooove the sloping runways and it is no contest when comparing night lighting against FSX/P3D.  XPX destroys the competition in the night flying arena but it needs... NAY.. requires 3rd party support to be more than the trickle they have now.   The free stuff is good but there are many many things lacking for me personally to move to this platform.    If they ever get a highly detailed and realistic systems version of a 737-700/800NG I'll reconsider.    I wish XPX and P3D would marry and have a baby... a beautiful bounce perfect flight sim baby.

Yes...I agree Kuragiman....and all you require could be achieved by dedicated Dev's....but until that happens...it is a flight today of THIS...that keeps me coming back...:Cheers!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/QnX