Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I don't get it...perhaps slow this morning...

My opinion... ORBX can go to hell, XPX doesn't need that old and rediculously expensive model of bloated static scenery. OSM is the future.

By the time XP11 is around, the FSX world will be dead and so will be ORBX.

What X-Plane needs:

Visibility improvements (coming)

Better interpretation of OSM data (smoothing out roads ect.)

Texture improvements (variety, fidelity)

Robust AI traffic (B. Renk do you read this?)

ATC improvements

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

You bet, Bob...and good points taken.  I fly all the sims put out to date.  XPX has such fabulous offerings, and qualities...and I fly it regularly.  What is missing for me personally, (and of course not all would be aligned to this...) is that I really do like how ORBX Global looks, I really love their dedicated Regional offerings...and as for for REX4 Direct, I use every aspect of that program to spruce up both FSX and P3D(x)...and would be beyond HAPPY, if those were offered for the XPX franchise.  I get fabulous performance on my present 5 year old system (with the only update in going from a GTX285, to a GTX680, two years ago) and if I could have---simply stated---what I see when I fly in P3D/FSX...hitched to the (in my view...superior embedded flight and graphic engine...of XPX.x...then I would have it all.  So...again, and of course, each to their own like/dislikes, needs, and non-needs.  but my needs, personally....is wanting the best of both worlds...what is offered for the M.S. franchise-based...ported over to Laminar Research's gem.....  Thanks for your thoughts upon the matter...

Mitch

The only thing keeping from stepping into XPX is the scenery. The clarity and motion simulation is better than any I have messed with and would love to see this sim progress. I really wonder thought if LM will continue the franchise. I think it needs to be sold first before it will move forward and a comfortable rate. The corporate communication is terrible and that bothers me a lot. Just my opinion everyone. I just have a feeling.

Bob

Bob

All the airports lacking ANY buildings is a major downer for me.

Well, this will become a thing of the past. In fact in some areas it already is due to the community added airports.

You might be interested in a very interesting comparison article on the - German - simflight.de site (yes, its in written in German, but you can see the comparison screenshot series without language knowledge B) ):

They first compared most available (on the market) MSFS landclass products and later extended by X-Plane screenshots (which I helped to create for more or less the exactly same perspective - as far as possible). See for yourself:

And for those who can read German (and didn't notice until now), I also contributed an extensive article about the inner workings of the landclass / mesh scenery system on X-Plane (also garnered with many illustrations and screenshots):

You might be interested in a very interesting comparison article on the - German - simflight.de site (yes, its in written in German, but you can see the comparison screenshot series without language knowledge B) ):

They first compared most available (on the market) MSFS landclass products and later extended by X-Plane screenshots (which I helped to create for more or less the exactly same perspective - as far as possible). See for yourself:

And for those who can read German (and didn't notice until now), I also contributed an extensive article about the inner workings of the landclass / mesh scenery system on X-Plane (also garnered with many illustrations and screenshots):

Andras, the reader can translate the German via CHROME and GOOGLE...I do that with any language, all the time....jes..a tipper...   In fact, I have Chrome set up to AUTO-translate. The minute I went to your first address, the page immediately translated to English....

Yes...I agree Kuragiman....and all you require could be achieved by dedicated Dev's....but until that happens...it is a flight today of THIS...that keeps me coming back...:Cheers!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/QnX

This are gorgeous screenshoots.   XPX is a GA pilot's dream with the right add-ons.  For a heavy airline pilot like me it has much to be desired.  I think the best heavy available for XPX is the 777?   But I am not interested in this plane.  It's too 'automated' and clean for my tastes.   I wonder what is keeping 3rd party devs away from this platform?   It has one huge advantage of FSX/P3D... 64-bit!   Oh I wish FSX/P3D could use all of my 32gigs of RAM.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

This are gorgeous screenshoots.   XPX is a GA pilot's dream with the right add-ons.  For a heavy airline pilot like me it has much to be desired.  I think the best heavy available for XPX is the 777?   But I am not interested in this plane.  It's too 'automated' and clean for my tastes.   I wonder what is keeping 3rd party devs away from this platform?   It has one huge advantage of FSX/P3D... 64-bit!   Oh I wish FSX/P3D could use all of my 32gigs of RAM.

As I flew along...and day transpired into Dusk...I was so amazed and in sheer joy...of what XPX.30 can achieve...that I thought to chronicle the progressing flight...and it is in the AVSIM Screen Shot Forum, Kurag.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452068-dusk-over-andrass-v2-alpsand-thank-you/

The xpx world still reminds me of the langoliers though it is stutter free ;)

Are you sure? B)

.  I think the best heavy available for XPX is the 777? 

Errm. No. What gave you this idea? The 757 is better and less automated. I have to admit that I even prefer the 737-200 (FMC? What  FMC. Ok you can install a CIVA (old INS system))..

My opinion... ORBX can go to hell, XPX doesn't need that old and rediculously expensive model of bloated static scenery. OSM is the future.

What X-Plane needs:

ATC improvements

Well, why should ORBX scenery go to hell and why should FSX be dead soon? I don't get that. XP is the sim of my choice and the only one that is installed here. But ORBX makes the finest scenery that I have enjoyed in any sim. No need to bash things that we can't have.

I would love to purchase it again and I'm sure that many fellow simmers would do so. IMHO it's a big mistake that they don't make their products XP-ready. But time will tell. Although I won't go back to FSX/ORBX for many good reasons, I still miss the first class scenery. I have the Stewart scenery that is ORBX quality, but there are hundreds of them at the other side. And I want them back some day.

What X-Plane needs:

ATC improvements

XP11 - Do you have any idea when XP11 might roll around?  :o

Bob

still saying XPX does not need ORBX.

We have HD Mesh and V3 is on its way.

We have W2XP (though slightly slowed down). Does ORBX show you the Reich-stag ? 

And we have OSM (don't need ORBX vector stuff).

Damn I can even see my home town sea link. 

Yes XPX needs better Visibility improvements / AI / ATC and maybe a decent weather engine. 

Ah fly in these places 

Norway (WOW thanks Tony)

Switzerland (wow)

Germany (Berlin).

MAYBE OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES 

Canada (Vancouver / Calgary / Terrace / Stewart)

Lukla

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

XP11 - Do you have any idea when XP11 might roll around?  :o

Bob

Difficult to say. But they are already working on it.

But considering ORBX: You all forget that a big part of their structures can't work in X-Plane. They would have to reinvent their whole processes since the Mesh of X-Plane is totally different to what you find on FSX. It would be a totally different product and you don't know if someone might need it, when they are finally ready.

Oh yeah.  I forgot about that.  The ATC and AI plane system leaves very very much to be desired.   It is kind of comical to watch AI traffic at some airports not following any kind of rules.    Ugh... Xplane needs a lot of work but its flight dynamics are superior and night lighting is unequaled, even compared to ORBX Vector Lighting.  It crushes it in my opinion.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy