Sign in to follow this  
groentesoep

Another Ezdok post...

Ok.. some rumors de-mystified:

1.17 works perfectly fine under p3d 2.3 and win 8.1.

However, this is the situation.. a lot of people are installing p3d on a fresh win 8.1, meaning without installing fsx first.

What does it do? it creates a problem, where simconnect isn't installed nor gets installed by the p3d installer. Therefore, LM has included a few simconnect setup files in a folder called 'redist' in p3d root folder.

Inside of it, there are few versions of simconnect. You have to install the latest one (sp2) in order to regain functionality for Ezdok, but wait that's not all. You also need to create a simconnect.xml file and put it where your dll.xml and exe.xml are. Then, your Ezdok will work. Look for my thread with detailed explanation.

Ok guys, I managed to solve it after installing the previous versions of Simconnect as mentioned in the post by adi518.

Afther that I installed version 1.15, version, 1,17 the P3D patch and ran the configurator. All with the use of EMT.

EMT is only required in order to fool ezca cfg to add the camera entries to aircraft folders in p3d.

Has anyone installed version 1.16 into P3D v 3.2?  I didn't like 1.17 in FSX as it gave me a lot of problems.

And I want to keep FSX till P3D is fully set up.

But EZCA is one of the first things I'll need.

If I update to 1.17 it will mess up FSX and that's not good right now.

Also, can I use the same cameras I have set up already from FSX?

Thanks.

Best regards.

Jack

Jack Sawyer

Has anyone installed version 1.16 into P3D v 3.2?  I didn't like 1.17 in FSX as it gave me a lot of problems.

And I want to keep FSX till P3D is fully set up.

But EZCA is one of the first things I'll need.

If I update to 1.17 it will mess up FSX and that's not good right now.

Also, can I use the same cameras I have set up already from FSX?

Thanks.

Best regards.

Jack

Not quite sure what you are asking ezca has a new version    1.18.5

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-1185-beta-available-for-download_topic51089.html

Rich Sennett

EZdok for Prepar3D is now at Version 1.18.7,   This Version is a one click install, meaning  no more 1.15 or 1.16\1.17.  

Download the Installer again from Flight 1 Software and Install only this,  http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam

""Version 1.18.7. This version has all updates included. No additional updates required"" 

To Install EZdok  http://www.avsim.com/topic/484546-how-do-i-install-ezdok-camera-prepar3d-v3/

Read the Complete Thread for other tips, check lists and so on

• Upvote 1

EZdok for Prepar3D is now at Version 1.18.7,   This Version is a one click install, meaning  no more 1.15 or 1.16\1.17.  

Download the Installer again from Flight 1 Software and Install only this,  http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam

""Version 1.18.7. This version has all updates included. No additional updates required"" 

To Install EZdok  http://www.avsim.com/topic/484546-how-do-i-install-ezdok-camera-prepar3d-v3/

Read the Complete Thread for other tips, check lists and so on

Well done Sweetie  :wink: priceless member of AVSIM for sure

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Well done Sweetie 

Thank you little man  :smile:

Thank you little man  :smile:

:wink:

Rich Sennett

Lol Rich,  i see you edited your Post,  I was just about to reply to it,   its a good thing i didn't  :smile:

Lol Rich,  i see you edited your Post,  I was just about to reply to it,   its a good thing i didn't  :smile:

LOL There you go - I will leave it at that - thats why I edited it - for your eyes only   :wink:

Rich Sennett