Sign in to follow this  

What does FS2Crew offer that the Airbus 318/319 doesn't have? (Button)

I own FS2Crew for the PMDG 737NGX so I sort of know what it does. I bought the Airbus 318/319 and it seems to me the included checklists offer almost everything I need, so I was wondering... what exactly does FS2Crew (button control!) give me that I don't have with the Airbus already?

I own FS2Crew for the PMDG 737NGX so I sort of know what it does. I bought the Airbus 318/319 and it seems to me the included checklists offer almost everything I need, so I was wondering... what exactly does FS2Crew (button control!) give me that I don't have with the Airbus already?

Our presentation is much more realistic.  Our crew follows the actual real-world Airbus flows and SOPs.  The FS2Crew FO acts like a real-world FO/PNF.

We have multiple voice sets.

In general, ours is a complete crew simulation, whereas the other is not.

Best,

You know, I have really wondered myself here just which one is right...or, actually, is there really only one right way to begin with.  FS2Crew may go by Airbus SOP, but is that something that is "configurable" per airline - in which case, does this really make FS2Crew the most realistic?

It is funny that multiple voice sets is given as a plus to FS2Crew when Aerosoft includes more voice sets by default and, you can even modify or add custom voice sets to theirs where with FS2Crew, you are stuck with the same voice sets for all of eternity as they are "baked" into the code base and not "pluggable".

Anyway, I'm curious to hear from Aerosoft on this too.  It seems to me maybe  the only off from Aerosoft side is the reading of the V-speeds and the "to the line" and "below the line" distinction that is made w/ FS2Crew.

I just want to make sure my stance is clear too...I'm not for either one or the other as far as which is most realistic...I really am curious to know myself.  I do own FS2Crew and have used it on 95% of my flights w/ the AXE.  So far, w/ the 319, I wanted to just try Aerosoft's for a change again to see what they've done to improve.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024