Sign in to follow this  
AF330

Trim Angle

Hi

For example, if we say that it won't trim above 14 degree angle, what does it mean? Is the trim angle the pitch angle, but with a THS? What is trim angle? And between which line is it? (horizon, velocity, where the aircraft is pointing...)

Thanks

Edited by firehawk44
Removed all cap title (shouting) No shouting here!

Take the time to learn how an aircraft flys and what it's controls do. I've read all of your posts where you're trying to get everyone to teach you all about the Airbus... but you actually just don't understand the very basics of an aircraft and it's systems.

A limited knowleged of the fly-by-wire computer interface matters little without understanding the very basics of what the aircraft systems themselves do.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'm not trying to be rude/mean... but... try Google.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Take the time to learn about the basics of flying, the basics of navigating, principles of flight...

I imagine Angle of Attack's Aviator90 course would be a good start.

You're trying to run, but you don't even know how to crawl yet.

I have tried google. I am not sure but I think it's pitch, because when I typed it, I saw pitch angle stuff... Am I right?

Hi.

Thanks
Where coild I find my answer?

Trimming just takes the strain out of your arms and legs but there's only so much that the mechanical stuff will do for you. After that, you (and your limbs) are on your own... though it could be argued that you shouldn't be doing such things with a plane.

Read through this:

http://x-plane.deinon.com/aircraft_trim.pdf

I think you'd benefit very much from taking a trip out to your local airfield (a club rather than a commercial airport) and asking the receptionist if someone can show you controls and control surfaces on a couple of light aircraft and to explain how they work.

Even if your simming preference is for heavy jets, there's no real substitute for seeing stuff in the flesh.

Cheers,

D

Learn about aircraft... really.

Trim is where it adjusts the physical control surface either directly or indirectly so that it maintains a given amount of control input.

The trim angle is usually referring to elevator trim but it can also mean rudder and aileron trim. Like I've said... go learn about aircraft in general... you're seriously not ready for anything more complex than an Cessna 172 at this point.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thanks, trim angle is based on pitch angle ;)

Actually, no it isn't. 

Somehow, I don't think this is how Mohammed Atta did it.

Maybe if you tell us where the questions are coming from so we can get some context as to what you are asking.  There's probably a quick way to learn everything you need to know, but you aren't going to find out what it is by asking individual questions like this. 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Coming from me! Just learnt FPA/PITCH ANGLE and AoA... So thought about this.

Maybe if you tell us where the questions are coming from

I am starting to think he has been selected as a P2F direct entry first officer with a low cost carrier ;)  

Requirements are - Zero flying experience,   25  years or younger,  teach yourself how an A320 works!

Rob Prest

You were 14 last time.  :)

I think Rob's right.  It's obvious we're doing your homework, I'm just wondering what your homework is.  You can't possibly be making these questions up.  You have to be getting them somewhere.  So... where are the questions coming from?  We can answer better if we know.

And I still don't think you've got the answer to your original question.  I know what the answer is, but I'll need some answers from you first, please.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Going to be 14. 13 now (born november 2000)

Please ask the questions! I read the FBW system and the different angles (bank, fpa, pitch...) and read the THS. So the question came to me....