Sign in to follow this  
mitchjazz

Should i be getting better frames

HI guys,

I am running prepar3d v2.3 with active sky next and my frames are terrible.

With all settings set to low and detailed clouds enabled I am only getting 5 fps using the aerosoft airbus extended.

I have followed a few tutorials on youtube regarding ASN settings and have not seemed to make any difference.

My pc is OC to 4.3ghz with 16gb ram with an AMDA10-6700 apu with Radeon HD Graphics.

Should I expect better frames?

Cheers,

Mitchjazz

I guess you should but I've no knowledge about your kind of GPU.

Did you ever try a benchmark tool like Unigine Valley or Heaven? That's free stuff and gives you some information about the power of your rig.

Spirit

HI guys,

I am running prepar3d v2.3 with active sky next and my frames are terrible.

With all settings set to low and detailed clouds enabled I am only getting 5 fps using the aerosoft airbus extended.

I have followed a few tutorials on youtube regarding ASN settings and have not seemed to make any difference.

My pc is OC to 4.3ghz with 16gb ram with an AMDA10-6700 apu with Radeon HD Graphics.

Should I expect better frames?

Cheers,

Mitchjazz

If you are using only APU's integrated GPU, yes, you will be struggling with FPS. As A10 is also quite a bit slower on the CPU side compared to Intel top-of-the line desktop CPUs, it will have an effect too. I quickly looked some reviews of your APU, and for benchmarks with modern AAA games, sites usually ran games on low to medium details and in many cases with 720p resolution to get somewhat acceptable frame rates (over 20). As good CPU performance is still required with P3DV2, performance problems with APU are possibly even more pronounced compared to regular games, which tend to be more GPU limited. AMD APUs are good processors for low-power and affordable multimedia use with light gaming capabilities, but for good gaming or simming platform you are going to need beefier system. As you are complaining about the cloud performance mostly, that could be definitely remedied with a better GPU.

The problem you have there is definitely your GPU, It's extremely weak and could barely handle FS9 with complex addons at a reasonable rate.

What you have to do is upgrade it to a better one, with preferably at least 1 GB of vram... You can do it as long as your mashina is not a laptop.

How old is it, by the way?