Minor Beefs

Hello AVSim,

I am new to Flight Simming and I love your site,

and I especially respect the fact that you are the biggest,

I am sure there are some good reasons that you are the biggest,

but I have a couple of minor beefs. 

I can not use Mozilla-Firefox with cookies turned off,

I have to use MS Internet Explorer with cookies turned on,

I mean your competitors do not have this requirement.

When Posting/Starting-A-Thread,

I put 15-20 minutes into word-smithing / spell-checking my post,

and I can not copy/paste into the post-form,

what gives?!

The above copy/paste issue just now caused me to post a question at a competing forum instead of here.

Sincerely

JD

I'm not sure, but I believe that not being able to copy/paste is an issue with IE, I have had no problem to copy and paste things with Firefox.

I sometimes have trouble doing a copy/paste in the editor myself. Whenever that happens, I simply turn off "BBCode Mode" using the little icon in the left top row. This puts the editor into a simplified ASCII edit mode... :ph34r:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If you are encountering copy/paste issues, do not use the mouse right button to show the copy/paste option. Do a control-c after you have highlighted the text you wish to copy, or a control-v to paste.

Cookies are required so that the forum system remembers what most recent threads you have read, and for a number of other functions that, with cookies disabled, would make your time spent here a lot less productive.

There are various privacy settings in Firefox under Tools>Options>Privacy, including restrictions on which sites can and cannot set cookies.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

There are various privacy settings in Firefox under Tools>Options>Privacy, including restrictions on which sites can and cannot set cookies.

Mike

Correct Mike, and users who start having problems with a browser, especially after an update to that browser, should check those to ensure they have not increased or removed allowances or restrictions previously in place. FF and IE are both notorious for doing that in their updates!

Work-Arounds For Copy/Paste

Thanks n4gix for the pointer about "BBCode Mode",
Thanks Tom Allensworth for the pointer about ctrl-c/ctrl-v vs right-mouse-button. 

Regarding cookies, I use two browsers: 

I use FireFox for over ninety percent of my general browsing, and I have it very restricted in an attempt to keep out the bad stuff. 

I try to reserve MS Internet Explorer for business transactions. I usually try to look through the catalog first using firefox then switch over to MS-IE to do the purchase transaction. 

Sincerely
JD