Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Assigning saitek controls through the FMC key commands

Can you assign controls through your hardware to the FMC key commands? its only picking up my keyboard commands.

thanks.

Vernon Howells

You can map your controller's switches to key commands in FSUIPC.

Can you assign controls through your hardware to the FMC key commands? its only picking up my keyboard commands.

In your Saitek software, you can map a key to a keyboard command.  Then go into the PMDG SETUP> menus and click the button to set the command.  As it's waiting for the new command, press the joystick button.  Done.

I do it backwards from how I described it above, but here's a video using FSUIPC instead of the Saitek software (same concept, though):

Kyle Rodgers

Is it worth getting fsuipc and map all my commands through that?

There are some nice features within FSUIPC, but again, Saitek has software (that you should already have, and if not, it's on their site for your specific hardware) that maps keys for free.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi just tried mapping the saitek but couldn't get it to work..

got it working guys

Vernon Howells

Having a problem when i assigned CMD A and A/T i clicked once to disengage it then clicked twice to silence the alarm, now if i click it twice its engaging that function again?

Vernon Howells

now if i click it twice its engaging that function again?

Re-watch the video.  Carefully.  Note that I do not use the default Z key.  I use a custom one.

The Z key will conflict with the FS default AP function key.  Additionally, you'll want to assign the key in the PMDG Key Commands AP DISCONNECT function, and not AP ENGAGE or otherwise...

Please pay close attention to the things people write and/or provide for you.

Kyle Rodgers

got it kyle i was using the A/T arm and CMD A on page 1 of the autoflight. realised this when i was watching the video. at first i thought the difference was maybe cause of an update. no harm done lol

Vernon Howells