Sign in to follow this  
LEAPWeaver

PC-12 Bug List/Issues Found

Hello all, 

I wanted to make a post where everyone call poll together their observations on issues and bug found to see if we can get them fixed by Carenado or find a way to mend them on our own. I know I plan on personally tinkering with a few things to see if I can improve upon them. I feel that the PC-12 is a very good foundation and can, with a small amount of effort, be an excellent version for sim pilots to enjoy. 

These are items I have found upon my initial test flights that should be addressed:

1. Engine ITT values during climb/cruise are not increasing with altitude, instead they are decreasing. 

2. Strobe switch on the overhead panel does not display "ON" when strobes are turned on.

3. Electrical system not modeled correctly. EIS display should show the generated output of the electrical system on DC bus A and B, while, the overhead panel should show the amperage draw as accessories and lighting are switched on. Presently both display 7 amps, irregardless of what is turned on.

4. RXP GNS config only includes ONE unit for the top 530. The second 530 is a Carenado default. (I am presently tweaking the panel config for dual RXP 530's)

5. Cabin lighting configuration, Cabin reading lights come on with the panel lights. This looks like it is down to the fact the interior model is textured on two different textures and one switch controls both of those textures.

That is my findings as of now, I only have about an hour of test flights with her. Overall I'm impressed. I was a huge fan of the Flight1 PC-12 and this one with a few improvements can surpass it as the leader for FSX/P3D.

Feel free to post you findings as well, hopefully we can get some fixes made. 

Nick Preston

I also find:

1 - Cockpit/Cabin Temperature gauge stucked in 23 C no matter what you adjust on the air conditioner. (Although I'm not even sure if this is supposed to be modeled)

2 - After loading the PC-12, the default carenado GPS Garmin LOGO is already on the screen and remains there even if you select the "Cold and Dark" option and after it is properly ON, it doesn't adjust COM frequencies despite COM field is selected. It ends up adjusting only NAV.

3 - Light texture missing on the "COM 2" button for the Audio selector.

4 - Not sure about this but I believe the weather radar range selector is inverted, zooming out when you rotate to - and zomming in when rotating to +

5 - Not really a bug but it could be improved, the ALT selector rate is a bit too low when trying to select altitude. 

6 - Flaps (30 and 40) causing too much pitch down in order to break so much lift. I found it nearly impossible to land ILS using Flaps 40. I've never flown the real PC-12 but if this is the correct behavior on full flaps, I'd be very surprised. 

So far, this is what I can remember. Amazing plane though !! I have absolutely ALL carenado planes from A to Z and this is on my Top 3 list !

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)

If it took you guys so little time to find these errors, why did not Carenado and their betas?

Seems rather unfair to sell a product and not mention known deficiencies ??

Is it like; 'well we want to make money first, then we will think about making it right?'

shame, but I must admit their eye-candy is always top notch

You will find that the extreme nose down with 40* flaps is normal in the PC-12. It was designed for steep approaches into short alpine strips. Flaps 15* is all you need for a normal approach to a regional airport. Flaps 30* is for a very short take off setting and not normally used as a final setting for an approach. Try it you will be amazed at the capabilities of the aircraft. The above was true for the FS9 Flight 1 version. I hope it is true for this new version.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

1. EADI Heading scale is incorrect, should remain on horizon line not pitch up and down following airplane symbol.

2. EIS digital fuel display not showing accurate fuel amount loaded

3. Torque too low at sea level with inertial separator open

4. EFIS control panel has limited functionality

5. Autopilot IAS hold does not function properly

6. Excessive pitch down at flaps 30 and 40

7. AOA indicator does not indicate properly

Nick,

Thanks for your impressions. It was what I needed to hear. I will purchase this bird in a week or so.

Greg

Greg Morin

You will find that the extreme nose down with 40* flaps is normal in the PC-12. It was designed for steep approaches into short alpine strips. Flaps 15* is all you need for a normal approach to a regional airport. Flaps 30* is for a very short take off setting and not normally used as a final setting for an approach. Try it you will be amazed at the capabilities of the aircraft. The above was true for the FS9 Flight 1 version. I hope it is true for this new version.

Greg

I would like to ge some verification from rw pilots on this... It make sense as the ac was desaigned for rough fields but it does seems like an extreme AOA.

If it correct - I will have to learn how to land all over again....

I will try landing of 15 dgrees. The full flap floats a bit as well in flare.

My main issues is the cabin lighting - that has to be fixed.

I hope everyone is send these requests into Carenado.. Anyone want to volunteer to make an official bug list from all of us?

Thanks for the information, Greg. 

Of course it really makes sense this Flap things since it's a Turboprop designed to operate with such conditions... 

Thank you !

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)

Fighto,

I first soloed in 1968. I hold a Commercial Multi Engine Instrument ticket. My CFI has expired. I have not personally flown a PC-12 but I most certainly am a real world pilot.

Greg

Greg Morin

Fighto,

I first soloed in 1968. I hold a Commercial Multi Engine Instrument ticket. My CFI has expired. I have not personally flown a PC-12 but I most certainly am a real world pilot.

Greg

OK, So we have 1 rw pilot that says it correct. Do we have anymore? Personally I can live with it the way it is. I will have to try only a FLAP 15 approach though. It may be more to my norm. Does anyone know if I should aim for a different VREF with only FLAPS 15?

I really wish I had real -45 POH !!!!

FLIGHTO

Try using whatever speed gives a 500 fpm decsent with 15* flaps. use a gentle flair and plan for some float.

Greg

Greg Morin

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Flap indicator seems to disappear.

Text in ARC mode when zooming squashes writing.

Lovely aircraft though.

Fabio

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

I installed the PC-12 myself yesterday but unfortunately won't have much time to test it until Monday. A quick cursory look and I'm seeing and agreeing with some of that posted above. I have about 6 years experience on the aircraft (flying on, testing, etc), with some stick time up front (and am a RW pilot myself). I'll post my findings as they come.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM