Sign in to follow this  
LEAPWeaver

PC-12 Bug List/Issues Found

I do not own this aircraft yet, but I appreciate all of the work you guys put in to bug reporting, and fixing what Carenado doesn't. I will be following this thread.

Thank you!

I'm back to flying the Flight1 PC-12. Lacking some systems like pressurization but it gets the flying parts down right. And I can add 2 Reality XP GNS430's above a WX500 to find the bad weather. I hope Carenado fixes these issues in a patch.

So after some mathematical figuring the reason the EIS is showing the wrong fuel quantity is that it is showing the fuel amount in liters not pounds. It's even coded in liters in the gauge file. 

I will be tweaking the EIS code for that one and I'm still digging around on the Electrical and ITT issues.

Nick Preston

So after some mathematical figuring the reason the EIS is showing the wrong fuel quantity is that it is showing the fuel amount in liters not pounds. It's even coded in liters in the gauge file. 

I will be tweaking the EIS code for that one and I'm still digging around on the Electrical and ITT issues.

Let me know if you figure this out... I sure would like to have a fix for it.

It drove me nuts that Carenado never fixed to fuel and trip stats on there G1000 releases.

It drove me nuts that Carenado never fixed to fuel and trip stats on there G1000 releases.

That's bad.  But, one reason why I don't buy their planes until after SP1.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Is there a click spot for the autopilot popup?

Dave.

Yes, top left corner of the autopilot panel.

Bert

Let me know if you figure this out... I sure would like to have a fix for it.

It's funny you mention that because the code for the fuel system on the PC-12 was directly written off their G1000 code and right below it they have an entry for it to read from the FSX values. It has just been remarked out of the gauge file.  :blink:

Nick Preston

When switching on the wing lights only the left wing is illuminated.

That is not a bug. Standard PC-12 equipment is only a left-hand wing ice detection light.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I hit about 5-6 minor bugs on the first flight

1. Top 500 screen goes black with Panel Lights on ( known issue )

2. A/S indicator drops to zero above 12,500' or so ( inconsistent - doesn't always happen )

3. Avidyne stops refreshing position after awhile ( cycling to a different page updates it ) ( 500s keep accurate position )

4. Bottom 500 - wasn't able to tune NAV 2 radios  ( inconsistent - doesn't always happen )

5. GEN 1 Switch won't [Left click] or  [ mouse wheel ] off - you can [Right click] and shut it off, but the switch indicated the on position

6. When changing time of day ( FSX World menu ) in flight, panel completely freaked out ( didn't keep correct panel state, even though switches indicated correctly - had to cycle everything on the overhead panel )

7. When loading a saved flight ( already in game - loaded from cold n dark flight to running at hold short flight )  all test modes appeared to be stuck on - every warning and pusher was going off. Cycled test buttons to fix it.

8. Cabin lights ( known issue )

All and all - I like flying it ( after figuring out proper approach attitude and landing speeds ), looks great - can't wait for SP1 ;)

The approach attitude does seem steep, but then the r/w Cirrus seems steep to me too.... so.... ( Also, I realized the default payload is single pilot and nothing else, and I fly with 50% fuel - so the thing leaps off the runway / balloons like crazy if you have any speed while adding 40 flaps. )

Hmm shouldn't the red level on the central control the mixture? How do you shutdown the plane, I couldn't even find basic pc12 flight instructions?

There's a RW POH here...

http://www.kennair.c.../Pilatus PC-12/

...now if I can just turn my computer upside down...   :)

(ok, found the rotate button)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.