Sign in to follow this  
mfueeg

how to install the Reality XP ?

I was able to replicate the same error. What you need to do is ignore it

Just press ok and it will take you to the selection screen where you can choose which unit and then just press apply and it should install ok

go to instruments on the FSX menu up top on the menu bar and select reality xp and your good to go

ZORAN

You mean to show in the 3d panel?  I wouldn't know how to do that, it would require manual installation

ZORAN

Read the Carenado documentation!

The PC12 comes with an rxp installation option..

Bert

I don't own that plane but there is your answer!

ZORAN

no its says only how to install but i can not open it via mous puhsch..i have to open it via menu

Try turning off "Instrument Reflections" in the shift-6 menu, and in the rxpgns.ini file in the PC12 folder, set:

[GNS530]
Popup=10000

Bert

i used the rxp file they include. it still shows the stock 530 and it cant even be turned on.

disregard i got it to come on

Can I place a Reality XP WX500 on the 2nd gps or the lower radar screen?

You cannot remove the bezel... might look strange..

Bert

I have similar issues as the topic starter with the FSX Carenado PC-12 with the Reality XP GNS 530.  I have installed everything exactly as indicated.  It actually worked great for the past two weeks.  Then I started tinkering with a few of the mods I came across in this forum and I ended up loosing the RXP GNS530 in the NAVCOM 1 position? (for the life of me I can't remember what I did)  The standard FSX version took it's place.  I have reinstalled both the PC-12 and the RXP GNS530 and I can't get the dang RXP to replace the standard FSX Garmin???  I have the Garmin trainer installed and working.  All of the RXP files seem to be installed in all of the proper places.  Everything seems ok, except the RXP is missing in the virtual cockpit panel??  I have read through forums galore and this thread is the closest one I can find to my issue.  The topic starter solved his problem, but didn't really say how??   The RXP shows up in the view, instrument drop down menu in FSX.  I can click that menu and pull in the pop up 2-D RXP, but in the virtual cockpit, I'm stuck with the blasted FSX Garmin.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!  Kindest regards, Tim G.

Did you run the RXP installer in the SimObjects directory to install it in the PC12?  /SimObjects/aircraft/CarenadoPC12 or something like that...not at my sim.  There are some .exe files there that do it.  After that, if you open up the aircraft.cfg and look in the virtual cockpit sections you should see the RXP gauges in place. 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Wow,, fast reply,  I'm not the only Saturday early bird,,,  yes, I followed the installation procedure from the  Carenado RealityXP readme file exactly including running the RXP530.exe.  Everything seemed to install without error.  I had the RXP set up in the panel as it should be, without cutting off instrument reflections or editing any of the .ini files.  Everything installed automatically without a problem. I went step by step as per instructions.   I've been flying happily along with a fully functioning Garmin GNS-530 in the panel for a couple of weeks... until

If my memory serves (this began two nights ago) I was reading through this forum trying to pick up the fine points of flying the PC-12,,, I noticed I had some of the same issues as many of the posters, and that a new service pack had been recently released.  I downloaded the service pack from Carenado (my account) and installed.  I think that's when the RXP GNS 530 took a hike.  I ended up uninstalling the PC-12, the Garmin Trainer, and the RXP-GNS, and re-installing everything in the proper order.  Still no joy on the RXP in the panel.