Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

Boeing 737 Advice

Hello fliers, I have a cargo business in the add on  software Air Hauler and up until now I have been using GA aircraft for my cargo hauling business. I would like to step up to a medium cargo jet now. I am thinking about a Boeing 737 short body. I have flown the FSX default 737 but I would like a little something better (payware). I don't need an aircraft that is real complex such as flight management data and all that. Just something I can load a flight plan, start up and fly. I fly Western half of US and Canada only. Not real long range.

Does someone offer a 737 for beginners that in not all that complex?  Any advice will be very appreciated.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Your are about to get swamped by PMDG fans :-)

My suggestion is go with the QW 757, not only does it sound like what you are looking for, they also include the freighter and liveries for the major package movers

Jay

Milviz 737-200 Pefect for your needs.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I second NyxxUK's suggestion of the Milviz 737-200, especially if you like the old steam-gauge look since it models one of the original versions of the Boeing 737 from decades ago. I'm not sure if it comes with a cargo version though. Captain Sim's 737 Captain is also the 737-200 and has an optional freighter expansion for purchase. I'm not sure if it's as good as Milviz's version, so check out some reviews first. 

If you're not absolutely set on the 737, I also agree that Quality Wings Ultimate 757 Collection is a great package, probably the best of the three. It comes with the freighter version as part of the package and even costs less than the somewhat-pricey Milviz 737 and Captain Sim 737. The documentation that comes with Quality Wings products is also very stellar. The QW 757 is currently on sale for $25 at fspilotshop.

Note: I have not actually tried any of these addons myself, but have researched them, as well as those developers in general, fairly extensively in the recent past.

The Milviz 737 is a 200C variant, a convertible passenger / cargo variant with a large forward cargo door widely used in Alaska and the Canadian north often into unprepared or rough airstrips. I would add my vote for this as an ideal aircraft to expand your cargo operation and would regard this as the best 'classic' 737 available for FSX. If you are happy to fly largely using steam gauges and want to avoid FMCs, CDUs etc then this would suit you nicely IMO.

Bill

Wow, thanks for all your ideas and it gives me several options. I really like the Milviz 737-200. It seems to fit better as a cargo hauler for me. I like the steam gauges too.

Regards

Lamar Wright

The Milviz 737 is a 200C variant, a convertible passenger / cargo variant with a large forward cargo door widely used in Alaska and the Canadian north often into unprepared or rough airstrips. I would add my vote for this as an ideal aircraft to expand your cargo operation and would regard this as the best 'classic' 737 available for FSX. If you are happy to fly largely using steam gauges and want to avoid FMCs, CDUs etc then this would suit you nicely IMO.

Bill

Hi Bill. do you know if the Milviz 737 offers a Pop-up GPS of any kind?

Lamar

Regards

Lamar Wright

Yes you can, but if you are lost you can use VAS FMC and you will be on RNAV capability.

Maybe using CIVA INS but it's  tricky to use with LAT LON insertion.

Waht about a DC9 like the one from coolsky another Cargo Hauler.

That DC-9 is another good idea. It comes with a beginners guide inside of the actual sim while you're in the plane. I would caution though that the add-on has some glitches and quirks, so read up on it first (they may have been fixed in a later patch, but I'm not sure).

Hi Bill. do you know if the Milviz 737 offers a Pop-up GPS of any kind?

Lamar

Different "Bill," but yes the Milviz 737-200C has the default G500 available as a popup panel.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The other "Bill" got there before me! As he says, a standard pop up 'run of the mill' FSX type GPS is present.

Hey, thanks to both Bill's and everyone else who replied. Looking forward to flying a jet with the cargo business.  Faster and more cargo weight.

Just learned how to set up reverse thrust from Capt. Roger Dodger as some runways may be a bit short.

Regards

Lamar Wright