Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

fsx airac update

What website?  The 2 good providers are Aerosoft and Navigraph, but read the fine print - not every addon is supported by both.

sig01.png

Make sure to read the various readme's and understand exactly what you are getting and its impacts...  otherwise it's recommended.

DJ

Yeh thats for the mag variation. what about the NAVAIDS? was having a look at the install instructions for FSXP3D_WorldNavaids and got a bit lost in what to download and install? because there is additional folders within? any help please, thanks.

Vernon Howells

I've used them for some time now; when you download the FSX update simply unzip all into a temp directory and run the installer, select all and press go and you are done.  Be aware that there may be issues if you attempt to use the FSX map feature after installation.  I do not use the alternate file set included - you may if you wish to do so.  Read the .pdf that is included in the zip and it will tell you exactly what everything does or doesn't do.

DJ

Indeed, many of us have been using the updates for some time now.  As others said, however, read the information on the site to see the tradeoffs.  Highly recommended IF you understand the drawbacks and they're unimportant to you.

Among other things, the FSX flightplanner is not going to work for you once you've done this.  But most who are serious enough to want to do this (and who have Navigraph subscriptions) don't use the built-in flightplanner anyway.

Also, keep in mind that on-airport navaids are not updated, except for a few European airports.

Scott

I use Navigraph with the 737 NGX so the FP is no use to me anyway.

there is two folders inside FSXP3D_WorldNavaids named Europe alt files and fsxp3d will i need to add these folders guys?

Vernon Howells

except for a few European airports.

You should read "except for all European airports" (in fact for them, much more is corrected including navaids, ILSs, runway identifiers, PAPIs and approach lighting systems, as indicated in the documentation if at least you didn't check the "Do not update airport files") 

Even if I understand it will not satisfy non Europeans, I still hope you will enjoy it if you don't have any replacement sceneries for them

there is two folders inside FSXP3D_WorldNavaids named Europe alt files and fsxp3d will i need to add these folders guys?

This is only for installer program use depending on the options you selected (Alt or regular), so don't worry about that.

Also understand that you can install/uninstall with different options whenever you want so as to have a look to what is changed/available. It will not hurt. Everything is reversible 

Hi i wen't ahead and installed all files in the navaids installer and ticked the use alternate airport files! also added worldINT file to my addon scenery is this all correct? thanks.

Vernon Howells

Hi i wen't ahead and installed all files in the navaids installer and ticked the use alternate airport files! also added worldINT file to my addon scenery is this all correct? thanks.

Yes except that worlINT is not appropriate if you use "alternate airport files" as far as it already includes updated Europe fixes..(see doc). You may install some additional regional INT files instead (except Europe one) but have a look as it is. It shouldn't be a big problem

Right ok i have removed the worldINT file.

So by running the installer and ticking the alt airport files i have installed everything correctly?

Vernon Howells