Sign in to follow this  
Dewey

Flight Enviroment

Guest jwhak1

I am full of questions...I am itching to get another upgrade for the ole fs9 here...Was wondering if there is anyone out there running Active Sky and the Flight One Software Flight Environment.If you are good someone shoot me an opinion and how they feel about the product with the 2 together. Thanks

Josh, Just look a few inches below this thread - there is already a very long thread on the exact same subject.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest ponyboy

I think the word on the street is pretty much a "thumbs up".

Yes, I think I'd be happy with that combination if I could get it going. The two main buttons are missing on the Flight Environment interface screen so I haven't been able to really check out its capabilities. I am getting some "suggestions" via a Flight 1 Forum, but not any real tech support so far. I don't know exactly where to go to get that since they don't list a tech support link for Flight Environment on their site. I tried to attach a screenshot of my interface window at the request of someone on a Flight 1 forum, but that function didn't seem to work, either. So I'm kind of at a loss as to whether to keep trying to get it all going, or just get a refund and use something else. I would hate to do that because I really think the program has great merit if I could just get it to work. This really isn't typical of Flight 1. Their work is usually excellent and this probably is, too. I imagine it's some kind of strange fluke, maybe some data bits dropped in the download, or something like that. I hope we get it going soon.Dewey

Guest jwhak1

Cool Thanks Gents on the input... I wish I woulda got into this sooner... I really enjoy the folks in this site..And it is something for us 30 year old folks to get into... (GRIN) Thanks

Guest spookymufu

Hi Dewey,I just saw your post and I am thinking it might be a bad download, but I didnt work on the tech end of it so what I am going to do is pass your post onto peter wilding and have him help you.....dont worry, we'll get it working, I havent heard of this problem from any of the testing.....

Guest Peter Wilding

Sorry to hear you are having some problems.contact me directly on P.Wilding@btopenwold.com and I'll happy to get involved with this one and get you going.Just a couple of questions first; what is your opperating system. As far as I know all the testers had XP?also, phone me if you like on 441344-412049 (my home) there most the time.Peter Wilding (developer of Flight Environment)

Guest jerrycwo4

Its just keeps getting better. I installed the program last night and did two test flights. The sky, clouds and water really looked GREAT. I am also using it on an XP computer. It couldn't look better! Jerry

Guest ap9dm1

Compatible with Active Sky - works a treat;Visually impressive, very impressive;Frame rates (using small non-DXT textures) excellent;IMHO, absolutely worth the money, it could be another 'must have' addon. Del.

Dewey,I am dissapointed you took this here. I have been responding to you time and time again right in our forum trying to get things worked out!Please see my latest reply and personal message to you there.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Don't be disappointed, Steve. A man asked a question and I responded as openly and honestly as I could. That's what forums are for.If you carefully read my post you will see that I am careful to exempt Flight 1 from the cause and readily admit that it is probably something wrong with my setup.If I, as a customer, was a bit confused as to how to get actual Tech Support for that product it isn't entirely my fault. I simply could not find a link for support for that product on your site, so had to take my problems to forums and sort of "fish" for it. Yes, I got responses, and yes, I do appreciate them. But I was not at all sure whether or not they were from well-meaning folks in the forum trying to make helpful suggestions, or whether they were from actual "tech support" folks. All I knew at that point is that none of them helped.I am not in the least upset by this issue. In fact, your latest suggestion did fix my problem and I am very pleased with the results.There seems to be a common issue among flightsim addon providers of being just a bit thin-skinned if they get a hint they might be getting criticism. In none of my posts did Flight 1 recieve any criticism, but even if it had, it is common in providing products to the public that you will not please everyone and that criticism is simply a fact of life in doing business. I provide a product line, also. And I don't get "disappointed" if a customer discusses issues and results of using my products with other people. After all, the person they are discussing the issue with might be just the person who will help them solve a problem. If there are problems, I simply try to help them solve them and keep my personal feelings out of it.If you are going to provide products to the public, you will become very well-acquainted with "criticism", or "percieved criticism". How you deal with it will do wonders to strengthen or weaken your relationship with your clients and your image in the marketplace. Although outright flaming is inappropriate, criticism is something a product provider had better listen to. The customers are trying to tell you something. They may be doing it badly, but what matters is what they are trying to tell you.At any rate, I am sorry if you felt I had unjustly "accused" you. I certainly did not mean to do that at any time. And I do believe I am going to be happy with Flight Environment. It is now working perfectly with Active Sky and has enriched my flight sim experiece greatly.Thank you and the others at Flight 1 for this great addon. And thank you personally for your efforts in solving my problem. I highly recommend this product as a "must have" addon for flight sim, and I salute the support I have recieved.Dewey

Guest allcott

Dewey, Consider Steve's response probably as necessary to achieve `closure` on your issue in THIS forum - there is no guarantee you would have posted that the solution had, in fact, been found and it is my experience that Flight 1 will work tirelessly to solve issues not only with their software, but also with other peoples.As such, steeped in the commercial necessities implied by criticism as you are, it would have been nice if you had stepped back one step and looked at the commercial imperative you created.Pleased you got it sorted. I shall complete my purchase this weekend.Allcott

Guest spookymufu

Hi Dewey,Glad everything is working for you now, I knew we'd get it....

And thank you. It's really a great program.Dewey